Computer Music 2 years for the Price of 1

cclarry

Just now, Barrie said:

I've subscribed before, but I find that I almost never read the issues. Am I alone? (or is this just like not using plugins we buy) 🙂

I tend to flip through the issues I get mostly. One of their last mags had an article about compression and EQ , some artist I know nothing about ( and have no interest) and a few write ups on new low cost interfaces. They seem to be targeting the beginner. I still keep the sub around because occasionally there's something worth looking at and it's a whole lot better than flipping through Better Homes and Gardens.

I'm probably at the end of my cycle though. I've read more technical articles on compression , EQ and general studio mixing than I can remember. Have no real interest in the next sampled instrument. I'm beginning to look more at modeled instruments . I have everything I need to do whatever I want to do, so in that sense I'm probably not a good candidate for the magazine. I remember when I drooled over some of that stuff, but now there's no excuse for not making music with what I have lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barrie said:

I've subscribed before, but I find that I almost never read the issues. Am I alone? (or is this just like not using plugins we buy) 🙂

Same here. I read the reviews but the free stuff doesn't really do much for me since I have so much stuff.  I do archive the downloads.

• Like 1