Two Upright Pianos for KONTAKT, Each On Sale for Under $20 USD

PavlovsCat

I've been checking out two upright piano libraries for KONTAKT on sale, cheap. Both are character pianos. They're not big libraries, but they sound nice in the demos. I searched and didn't find any posts about the LOFT PIANO, so I thought I'd post it here. But I've never bought anything from Echo Soundworks and was hoping someone here owns the Loft Piano and could give their thoughts on it. I have a few Wave Runner libraries and think they're pretty nice. Not detailed libraries, but they have a certain vibe to them and they're inexpensive. It's kind of like how I think of Past to Future libraries. They're not detailed sample libraries, but sometimes they just have a cool vibe. 

Wave Runner Audio: Cashmere Piano $15 USD  Reg $29

"A mid-20th century upright piano recorded with cashmere between the hammers and the strings, captured with Beyerdynamic M160 ribbon microphones through Focusrite ISA pre-amps. Each sample was then run through tape and edited as a new instrument for the Cashmere Piano LoFi patch. A piano with lots of vibe, mood and character with its distinct personality highlighted with the choice of cashmere, warm ribbon mics and transparent pres."

https://www.waverunneraudio.com/shop/cashmere-piano/

Echo Soundworks: Loft Piano - Direct for $19USD  ($29 at ADSRSounds)

The presets are really nice, especially the lo-fi presets, are pretty nice. It's quirky, not some super detailed library. 

https://www.echosoundworks.com/loft-piano

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Okay, I pulled the trigger and bought the Echo Soundworks Loft Piano (directly from the developer's website) -- I found I had an email from Halloween with a code for 31% off, so this was ridiculously cheap. I just went through all the presets, I think there are 20 or so, and this is a  nice sounding upright piano with really cool presets.  The code is  SPOOK21 for an extra 31% bringing the cost of the piano to only $13.11 USD . 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1