Milton Sica

how to change a project's sample rate and bit depth

Question

I have a Tascam US-600 interface with its own Asio driver.
I've tried several types of setup for recording and playback.
Currently I have been getting good results in playback using my Alesis M1 Active 320 box as a device.
However, when I go to record, using the Tascam US-600, I get on the wav recorded several crackles and hisses that are not due to the microphone configuration, such as proximity, gain, etc.
I believe this may be caused by recording as 48/24. I thought that recording already in 44/16 would no longer cause these crackles.

How can I change these project parameters without having to create a new project with these parameters or some other tips to solve this problem?

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

You never replied here. So ? 

I don't know if I understand your question. Despite being related to the topic brought up, I preferred to open a specific topic to change the sample rate and sample rate.

I didn't configure the suggested topic to access the answer. That's why I haven't read the approaches.

As for this configuration, do you know how to do it?

Thanks.

Projects in Cakewalk have fixed sample rate, it can't be changed (Cakewalk is sample accurate and audio is positioned using exact samples).

Bit depth for files is set in Preferences / File / Audio data. Driver is working with settings in Preferences / Audio / Driver settings. It make sense to record with the same bit depth as audio driver has. Any processing happens in 32 or 64 floating point numbers (depends from 64bit engine depth setting), independent from input/recorded files bit depth.

Yes, the documentation should be updated to reflect the changes to the export dialog but the overall concept is the same.

I am sure it is on @Morten Saether's to do list.

There is no way to change the sample rate of an existing project, the audio must be exported and imported into a project at the new sample rate.