IK MAX Deals!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I've always felt that Total Studio was the best way to buy IK products.  Much better than a group buy, even a 25 for 1.   Because when you own a bundle you can upgrade to the next bundle.  If you own all the parts of a bundle you can't do that.  I think that Larry can back me up on that.  😡

NI comes out with a new Komplete every even numbered year in the fall.  IK Multimedia is much slower.  I think it took three years from TS2 to TS3.  I had to be patient.  But I didn't buy when it came out because I was waiting to see if the price would be better during BF.   If it wasn't, I was going to wait for 2022.

So it's a completely new turn for IK to come out with Total Studio 3.5 MAX.  That's like NI suddenly coming out with Komplete 13.5.

With Jampoints my price is a hair below $200.  This is the first time I will step on the GAS this year.   I thought I'd be waiting years for that FAME reverb.  It's included and it's still in pre-buy! 😀

In hindsight, this is what I should've done, too. I seriously didn't think a reasonable upgrade path would be available so soon.

I bought 300 Gear Credits, participated in the group buy and got everything I was missing except for the new tape machines and FAME. For 21 euros more I would've gotten them too. Oh well, lesson learned.

(I did get the Resonator with the GC, so it's not all bad.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pseudopop said:

I bought 300 Gear Credits, participated in the group buy and got everything I was missing except for the new tape machines and FAME. For 21 euros more I would've gotten them too. Oh well, lesson learned.

Same lesson I learned (but I didn't get the Resonator).  Wish I could do something with 12 remaining unused/unusable promotional slots. 

Maybe IK will take mercy on us and are updating the server at this very moment so we can fill in the gaps and get our missing 3.5 products without having to pay another $249.  Maybe.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, filo said:

Clever people?  Yes.  Me?  No ;)
I've made a terrible mistake and went just to 149$ tier instead of $199.   My qualifying item was AT5 SE and it should have been AT5 at least.

So now I have to sit and wait for some upgrade IK deal.

🤯

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Maybe IK will take mercy on us and are updating the server at this very moment so we can fill in the gaps and get our missing 3.5 products without having to pay another $249.  Maybe.  

I wouldn't hold my breath...

(If I were still five years old I would. And stomp my foot, too!)

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

In hindsight, this is what I should've done, too. I seriously didn't think a reasonable upgrade path would be available so soon.

Based on the past, you were totally right.  If they hadn't come out with 3.5, I would have been waiting years for the FAME reverb. 

But, you know, I have a lot of very expensive and well-thought of reverbs.  But what I use pretty much all the time are the basic reverbs from T-RackS. .  It wouldn't surprise me if I continue to use them even after I get Sunset and FAME.   

There's so much stuff I'm looking forward to getting, but mainly the new T-RackS effects.  Mixbox.  I don't even have the latest AmpliTube, let alone all the expansions that come with this. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Greg said:

Despite having every product in Total Studio 3 Max, I can't get the $99 pricing.  I contacted support and was told no dice.  Bummer. 

This has been a LONG GOING complaint from me (as everyone well knows)!
They have no "Graduated Upgrade Pricing" based on what you already own.
You either pay full price, or in most cases, crossgrade pricing (i.e. the same as someone who owns ONE $99 product).
There are exceptions...i.e.  Maxgrades, where you have to own ONE Max product to get the price

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, cclarry said:

This has been a LONG GOING complaint from me (as everyone well knows)!
They have no "Graduated Upgrade Pricing" based on what you already own.
You either pay full price, or in most cases, crossgrade pricing (i.e. the same as someone who owns ONE $99 product).
There are exceptions...i.e.  Maxgrades, where you have to own ONE Max product to get the price

It's really counterintuitive.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Hey Pete...

The Tascam's have shown up in my products, but they are running as "Demos" despite the fact
that they are authorized, and show as being owned in the Custom Shop...any clues as to why?

EDIT:  They have to be authorized individually to be out of demo mode...figured it out!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Peter - IK Multimedia

I'd like to respectfully make a request for the IK team - when checking out in the IK web shop, could there be a readout of the maximum number of jam points that can be used for that transaction? I know I can open up a calculator and do [price * 0.3], but it'd be easier if it told me exactly how many points I can spend instead of telling me that I've typed in a number that's too big.

• Great Idea 2

18 minutes ago, antler said:

Hi @Peter - IK Multimedia

I'd like to respectfully make a request for the IK team - when checking out in the IK web shop, could there be a readout of the maximum number of jam points that can be used for that transaction? I know I can open up a calculator and do [price * 0.3], but it'd be easier if it told me exactly how many points I can spend instead of telling me that I've typed in a number that's too big.

And ruin the fun of adding $1 dollar over and over till I hit the max? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I am currently regretting buying most of IK's products in the group buy for what turns out to be 86% of the price of Total Studio 3.5 Max. Total bummer. I would have gladly parted with the extra money to get everything, but now I'm out in no man's land. Grr. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

BTW...this was sheer GENIUS on the part of IK...

Rope 'em all in with a bunch of freebies...and then get them to upgrade!
SCHMART! Way to go after the Black Friday money IK! 

THAT'S how ya do it folks!

There's no way I'm upgrading at the same price as it would have cost if I had sat the group buy out altogether, since there were no Max products offered in the group buy. Sad.