Microtonal or other weird scales use

Hello.

I'm wondering if it is possible to configure pentagrams with microtonal tunning, or just keeping the different tunning of another tunnings like well tempered or Pythagoric scale. I have some synthetizers which allow you to do this kind of things. It sometimes help to get different colors in music, and also helps for contemporary music composition.

Regards.

3 hours ago, Oscar Martín Díez-Canseco said:

I'm not talking about interpretation. The tunning of the notes can be modified in the midi signal as well

7 hours ago, Oscar Martín Díez-Canseco said:

I'm wondering if it is possible to configure pentagrams with microtonal tunning, or just keeping the different tunning of another tunnings like well tempered or Pythagoric scale.

3 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

What is pentagram mode?

3 hours ago, Oscar Martín Díez-Canseco said:

You are able to open the pentagram view as well (Alt +7 if I am not mistaken), and write the notes as regular music sheet. Just like Guitar Pro.

3 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Ah, Staff View. 

What do you mean by pentagrams / pentagram mode? Project 5?

Or, are you asking if you can write notes on a five-line staff and use different tunings based on the placement of notes on the staff?

If so, altered tunings can be done by soft synths.  Some even use scales [tuning systems] that are defined in Scala files.**

Also, If you used SONAR 3.0  and switched recently to Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB), and you have no experience with the skylight user interface that was introduced in SONAR X1, that might be a major issue for you.  The jump from the pre-SONAR X1 GUI to the skylight GUI was difficult for many long-time users of SONAR.

I am still not sure what you mean by pentagram mode, but I hope some of what I said is helpful.

**Some hardware synth modules (sound modules) can also use "altered tuning" scales. 

7 hours ago, Oscar Martín Díez-Canseco said:

I have some synthetizers which allow you to do this kind of things.

Are these hardware synths?  If so, are you asking if there is a plugin you can use in CbB [Cakewalk by Bandlab] that will adjust the notes in the Staff View and send midi information to your hardware synths so that they play "altered tunings" on your hardware?  

Edited by User 905133
(2) to try another attempt at clarification of the OPs question (1) to add a comment about hardware synths, too

6 hours ago, Oscar Martín Díez-Canseco said:

I'm not talking about interpretation. The tunning of the notes can be modified in the midi signal as well

The MIDI note numbers in the MIDI data stream /signal? are not tunable per se. There are other MIDI parameters that can be used to alter the frequency that a synth that is designed to respond actually produces instead of the fixed tempered scale that the note numbers usually represent, but as scook notes this is dependent on the synth design. The MIDI spec includes a MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) that allows you to re-tune the synth scale via a re-assignment of the entire "keyboard" using a tuning table or change individual notes on the fly if this feature is supported. Some synths include microtuning and other non-standard scales within built in tuning tables, that can be activated by sysex messages in a similar manner to bank changes. It is also possible to re-tune some synths using the pitch bend message usually using automated applications to calculate the appropriate value for the pitch bend. 

https://www.midi.org/specifications/midi1-specifications/m1-v4-2-1-midi-1-0-detailed-specification-96-1-4

register at MIDI.org for free and download the MIDI 1.0 specification search MIDI frequency standard 

https://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/

https://sites.uci.edu/camp2014/2014/04/30/managing-midi-pitchbend-messages/