Do I really need a re-amp box to integrate my delay pedal with the DAW?

Marcello

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

What many do like me is record the wet live signal with the effects and split it ( at my Boss tuner). And record a second track dry at the same time. 
Best of both worlds. But I almost always use the wet track.  Myself I need to “play” the effects especially delay. 

ah ok, so you split one guitar signal to the delay and one to the interface directly through the Boss tuner, I get it, but this doesn't solve the problem you cannot anyway change the delay amount/time/delay type and all the pedal settings, if you make a mistake or you figure out something after you recorded and you want to change it, you have to record it again. 

What you are doing is to record a track with delay and one without it, but still you are recording with the delay, while if you use the re.amp box you can just play the "clean" guitar already recorded in your DAW and press REC on the empty track where the delay effect is applied and redirected through the re-amp box.

Not sure I explained myself.

Also in any case you are firstly passing through the delay pedal first, not after, which still by default the distortion should be applied before the effects.