Remembering The Heartbreak

kennywtelejazz

Hi all ,

This song   Remembering The Heartbreak is basically me playing my guitar over The Twanger Central  Challenge   Week 193 BT .

I sincerely hope you enjoy my guitar playing  .

thank you in advance

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

Hey, Kenny,

Absolutely beautiful playing, as always from you, and tasty melodies combined with gorgeous tone!😀

I really love the crisp clean tone at the beginning, and then how the subtle change to the slightly cranked up edgy tone at around 2:11 provides really nice contrast and shows off the fluidity in your excellent playing.

Dynamite stuff, Kenny, it's always great to hear a new post from you on the forum, buddy!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

On 5/6/2019 at 6:26 PM, bjornpdx said:

Wow, that was simply beautiful, Kenny. 

Hello bjornpdx,

I'm glad to have contributed a moment of musical beauty to your listening pleasure  .

To reach another person and to connect on a  genuine heart felt level of sympathetic vibration  is  the only  true reason I post tunes .

It sure ain't the money I'm doing this for

Thank you for the listen

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

On 5/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, Lynn said:

Kenny, that was awesome!  Perfect tone and phrasing is what I've come to expect from you and this satisfies on all levels.  Stay healthy!

Hi Lynn,

Your Kind words of encouragement are awesome  . They gave me a gentle nudge to continue along w my journey along the  path of the will to carry on .

I'm real stoked you dig my guitar tone and phrasing .

I guess the whole secret to good phrasing is for me to listen closely to everything I'm playing as the song unfolds ,  then I must  resist the temptation to install  an unnecessary musical  kitchen sink  ......just because I can ... lol

The real kicker is I am playing a bone stock  Bullet Mustang ...the one w 2 humbuckers that only cost $149 .00 brand new  ...

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier/Bullet-Mustang-HH-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar.gc

I have one in White that I picked up a few months ago  ....I bought it as a get well guitar gift to myself . 

I lub that little geetar ...lol...

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 8:11 AM, garybrun said:

Well you certainly have got the feeling in those fingers.
Well done.

Thank you for the listen and favorable comment

On 5/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, kakku said:

Great job. You got soul 

Glad you enjoyed .

On 5/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, Johnbee58 said:

This is nice.  Very relaxing an soulful. Contemplative.

🙂John B.

Very kind of you to say that . Thank you .

On 5/8/2019 at 1:10 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Kenny,

Absolutely beautiful playing, as always from you, and tasty melodies combined with gorgeous tone!😀

I really love the crisp clean tone at the beginning, and then how the subtle change to the slightly cranked up edgy tone at around 2:11 provides really nice contrast and shows off the fluidity in your excellent playing.

Dynamite stuff, Kenny, it's always great to hear a new post from you on the forum, buddy!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

Thank you Bob for the kind words . I really appreciate reading them .

On 5/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, ABull said:

Tone, chops, depth of feeling...anything I forgot?   ;)

~Allan

Alan, thank you for what you said . I was happy to see it .

On 5/10/2019 at 6:45 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Kenny,

Great playing, real style and sensitivity.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Paul , it was my pleasure to  share my most recent  playing here . I'm glad you enjoyed the way I played my guitar on this tune . it means a lot .

all the best ,

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...

Please accept my apologies for  letting my thread tank while leaving   a few song forum contributors out in the  cold ...

I have always tried  to listen to someone else's tune first before I respond to posts left in my thread when I can ...this time around I just couldn't swing it .

I have been swamped w all my health care responsibilities .

better late than never ...

On 5/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, emeraldsoul said:

SOulful. Little Wing in a waltz. You play great, bro.

I like Little Wing a lot ...Haven't played it in a few years SO I may be decide  to record my version once I get the rust out .

I generally like to  play Little Wing  as a solo unaccompanied guitar  piece  .. when I played out it was a crowd favorite

Thank you for the song listen

On 5/13/2019 at 8:54 AM, Leadfoot said:

Not surprised.... I knew what I was gonna hear. Virtuosity, great phrasing, and heart. You're a great guitar player Kenny, and this is just another example. Sounded great man.

I'm glad you had an idea of what you were gonna hear ...I sure didn't know what I was gonna play or how it would come out sounding ....lol...

Thank you for the kind word Leadfoot , sorry  about your dad . I did give your song a few listens but I didn't get the chance to post .

Very inventive lyrics w the songs message and the actual playing and song arrangement was Killer ....

all the best,

Kenny