Ever had to load a project with multiple instances of a missing plugin?

Daryl L. Samuel

If you've ever had to load a project with multiple instances of a missing plugin you'll know how painful and embarrassing it can be because for each instance of the plugin that was used, you would get a pop-up notifying you of that missing plugin as your project loads up. So if you happen to mix a project with 50 or 80 or 100 tracks and you used said missing plugin generously (like an EQ or pitch-correction), brace yourself because you're in for it!

Had to suffer through this many o' times and I know I'm not alone and this particular post might be one of many so I'm hoping the devs do us a big favour and nuke this sore clean out of the software.

Cheers!

Edited by Daryl L. Samuel
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Agreed.

Additionally when opening in safe mode, it's usually one plugin causing issues, rather than a certain instance of that plugin, so generating a list of plugins in the project you can turn off one by one (rather than clicking through each instance) would be great.

I opened up an older project last week and it took me a good few hours to find out an analysis plugin on a bus was holding up the entire project. 

• Great Idea 2

Would great if when loading a project missing plugins are immediately shown together with an option menu for each plugin that lets you to instantly replace a missing plugin on all instances with a single operation by another plugin or the option to disable the plugin in the project and maybe even a delete from project option.

• Great Idea 2