Get bx_masterdesk Classic for FREE

locrian

I believe you have to download this manually from the website to install it. The PA installer seems to only have the non-Classic version.

Edit. It shows up in the installer now.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I knew that was coming😁….but does it do anything the non-freebie can’t do? 

the short answer is no - but still worth adding to your account IMO -  who knows maybe there will be some upgrade deal or something later......

Just now, simon said:

the short answer is no - but still worth adding to your account IMO -  who knows maybe there will be some upgrade deal or something later......

I haven't used it yet, but the hard/soft comp and Tone presets could potentially offer something that is sort of a short cut to the more exhaustive comp and EQ controls, I'm also curious about the presets on this one if they perhpas differ at all based on the controls on tap.  I never really used the presets on the full version myself but it seems they are touting a number of presets to give the end user a jumping off point.

I don't expect there are sounds you can get out of this that isnt' in the full version, but perhpas the thing gained here but maybe the tone preset options helps eliminate tweaking.  

I'll grab it if for no other reason than perhpas the ability to install on another computer that I don't need the extra controls for.  Never say "no" to a PA freebie.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jesse g said:

They wait until after I have purchased it to give it away for free.

Why I Oughta!!!  😣

This isn't the full version that has been available for purchase.  

As soon as they put this verison up for purchase, it looks like it tells you that it is free for a limited time right on the web page (no subscription email necessary to get the code)

Though I can understand if this stripped down version is all you wanted how buying the full version previously could feel like a waste of money.

I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it (sale plus voucher situation) but I think it is a pretty nice plugin.  It gets compared to something like Lurssen Mastering Console, IKM One, or Ozone Elements with different interface, workings, etc.  And I'd say I tend to prefer it to those options overall.