multi channel midi routing from a single insrtument

Roger_L

Question

Is it possible to route midi from one track to several different midi tracks on different channels simultaneously? The plugin that I am using generates 5 individual midi clips on 5 different channels and I would like to route each one to a different instrument. Can anyone show me how to do this, if it is possible, without investing inBlue Cat's Patchwork plugin?

4 answers to this question

Lets say you start with a track that have Instacomposer. It have 5 miditracks which can have its own channel.

Insert or drag the instrumentX you want to control with the midi to a new track in the project.

Check/set what channel the InstaC use for the miditrack.

In instrumentX input you'll see InstaC and can select what channel to take the input from.

Repeat for instrumentA,B,C,D.

Hey guys, thanks for your responses, But I have found the answer, and it is really very simple. Basically it is as described by Kurre; i.e. on the instruments that I want to produce a sound I set the midi input to teh appropriate channel of the midi generator. Then there is ome additional step - enable the Input Echo on teh instrument tracks that are receiving the midi, Now it works.

• Like 1