Waves Platinum Bundle

cclarry

6 hours ago, e-cue said:

$1.39 per plug in, if my math is correct...

You kids got it so easy.  Back in my day, I paid over $10k for Mercury + SSL snowing uphill bothways.  

Yep... back in the day I never imagined I would own the Gold bundle, much less the Mercury bundle. But here I am... proud owner of a v13 Mercury bundle!! Yeah we got it real good people. Real good.

• Like 2

Well, I am finding I should have Wupped, instead of upgrading my Horizon bundle.
I had so many plugins from different versions, some back to v9, that doing the WUP would have made the most sense.
Here's hoping that I can work something out as I have not activated anything from today's adventure.

Always check your purchases as there may be a better deal right around the corner.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

My upgrade path on the Waves website is €55 with the YNY23 code, and it would give me 43 new plugins. Say what you want about Waves sales being the same, this is a great deal.

Problem is, Waves consider new plugins some you may already own in another bundle when they give upgrade paths. Buyer’s beware…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Yes, if you buy it through a retailer. Possible benefit when waiting for a new computer. 

I bought it from EveryPlugin but it was registered automatically and it shows in the Waves Central. I haven't activated it yet but it says "v 13" next to it. If I wait a few years before I activate it, do I get the version of the plugins that is current at the time of activation or this version?

42 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

I bought it from EveryPlugin but it was registered automatically and it shows in the Waves Central. I haven't activated it yet but it says "v 13" next to it. If I wait a few years before I activate it, do I get the version of the plugins that is current at the time of activation or this version?

Good question.  I have several Mercury (and some others; SSL bundle, Abbey Road, NX, freebies, etc) bundles but jumped on this because we always have new rigs, and the powers that be don't want to give up the auth's on the other iLoks for the new rigs.  Cheap solution to a dumb problem.   I'd be happy to sit on this auth till the time comes that I need to install it.  

2 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

No, if you get an upgrade it is registered at the time of purchase and you are entitled to free updates for 1 year from the time of purchase (you get 1 year of WUP included with your purchase)

If you want to "hold" your license and not start the clock on the included 1y WUP you need to purchase the full product from a retailer and not use the registration code until the time when you actually want to use the plugin. The other advantage of holding the registration code is that you can resell it without transfer fees. The risks are that you may lose the registration code (e.g., if you lose your email and didn't have a backup) and that it's harder to keep track of what you have and you may end up accidentally buying something twice (I confess to this happening to me)

For updates, it's registration time what counts, activation time does not matter

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

Like ^^^ Eusebio said. 
I’m afraid that it’s registered, and your WUP time is running. 
It’s the registration that counts. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Thanks 1