Seems Like Forever (ambient pop music) - Completed

Larry T.

Updated December 3, 2021:

Greetings All....here is the finished version https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/seems-like-forever-ambient-pop-music

....thanks for listening, all observations, suggestions and critiques welcome 🎼🎶🎸🎹

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike at Creative Sauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
updated.
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 6:07 AM, jack c. said:

the first part guitar chords needs some warmth to it.little  harsh sounds.also eq the entire mix little less highs.maybe some percussion here and there.jack c.

I agree jack....the bass guitar tone/sound is not right either....I am going to redo this whole song as it is a shortened edit and I really am not satisfied with the work I did on it....the song deserves better from me....thanks for listening to it and your comments 👍👍🎵🎼

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:53 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Yes I agree it's worth more time! Nice tune, I was hearing a Pink Floyd direction as a possibility. Percussion would be welcome as well. I look forward to hearing where this one goes. It has a nice mellow vibe.

Thank You Tom....i am still learning the important in's and out's of working with a DAW....for example, last night i was wondering why the guitar in the latest project sounded so terrible, turns out i had turned on Automation for one thing and forgot to turn it off so i had, like, psycho automation (!!!!)  going on with all four EQ's in the Pro Channel EQ module for the guitar track, little things i have to learn to be a lot more careful about....i think that's what happened with Seems Like Forever 🎶🎙️🎷🎸

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, Larry T. said:

Greetings All....this is a Work in Progress called Seems Like Forever (ambient pop music)....hope you enjoy it....any advice, observations and suggestions are appreciated...TIA 🎸🎹🎶🥁

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab lite, CbB effects

Special Thanks to Mike at Creative Sauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Nice job Larry - glad to have you here submitting your songs.

Steve

• Thanks 1

It's the rare tune that falls out of your head already finished and polished up nice and neat. This has some good ideas in it that deserve  development. In particular the guitar break at the end is really nice and is the beginning of a nice bridge.  Looking forward to what you come up with!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

I Liked it and hope to hear a remix. This would also be a nice vocal song ..     mark

Thanks mark....the acoustic guitars must be redone as if you listen close you can hear me breathing through my nose throughout the track....this is the first song i tried using a microphone (Shure PGA58....the cheap one) to record acoustic guitars and i didn't even know i was breathing so loudly, let alone the mic recording it....i may be able to just re-record the two acoustic guitar tracks as i really don't want to redo everything but if so it's more experience.....most of the songs i have posted here were written with lyrics but as i can't sing i'm reworking them into the ambient pop style....Thanks again 👍👍🎶🎸

2 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

It's the rare tune that falls out of your head already finished and polished up nice and neat. This has some good ideas in it that deserve  development. In particular the guitar break at the end is really nice and is the beginning of a nice bridge.  Looking forward to what you come up with!

Thanks Kevin....man, that's for sure....the part you mentioned with the guitar break....i just figured out that part a few weeks ago....the rest of the song  has been around for years 👍👍🥁🎼

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.