One project only opens sometimes

Lucas Alves

Question

Hi, everyone. I'm having trouble with an project. It has the same plugins as all my other projects, around the same amount of tracks, and it's even shorter than most of my projects, has no synths, HOWEVER it only loads sometimes. Most of the times I try to open it, cakewalk fails to finish loading the user interface, the only part that's missing is the panel on the right with the plugin library, and the console at the bottom, and cakewalk won't respond. Sometimes when I reboot windows and open the project as the first thing I do, it loads, but even this has stopped working. Loading the project in safe mode isn't exactly the best solution as in this was supposed to be the last adjustment before releasing. 

Cakewalk is updated

1 answer to this question

If it opens in safe mode but intermittently fails otherwise, it is likely plug-in related.

If the project is hanging (the spinning blue circle) create a hang dump and submit it for analysis. For info on how to do this see 

If there are any 32bit plug-ins in the project, they are the first things to suspect. Relying on unsupported, unmaintained plug-ins is a bad idea.