no midi to audio

John Balich

The Bandlab Cakewalk site offers no help in converting to audio....If i try to bounce as suggested i get a message stating there is no audio in the file i am trying to convert. If use export, get a MENU which offers to export to a file, not to a selected audio track. Is there a way to direct the exportation to a specific track? Ive been on this quest the last three 8 hr days..................stumped

2 minutes ago, John Balich said:

The Bandlab Cakewalk site offers no help in converting to audio....If i try to bounce as suggested i get a message stating there is no audio in the file i am trying to convert. If use export, get a MENU which offers to export to a file, not to a selected audio track. Is there a way to direct the exportation to a specific track? Ive been on this quest the last three 8 hr days..................stumped

For the same reason the freeze option is disabled

My guess is the project is MIDI only routed to the MS GS Wavetable synth.

This means the project has no audio to export.

The MS GS Wavetable synth is an external hardware synth.

The easiest way to create audio in the DAW is use soft synths.

One way to setup a project that is general MIDI to use a soft synth is

• File > Save the project as a MIDI file.
  • Make sure there are no MIDI output devices enabled in Preferences > Midi > Devices
  • File > Open the MIDI file.

This will automatically add and setup TTS-1, a GM soft synth, to play the project.

From there you can freeze, bounce and export audio because the MIDI tracks will be routed to a soft synth which is routed to an audio track in the project. Of course, one could manually add soft synths and audio tracks too but for now, the method above may be easier, at least until you figure out the basics of MIDI handling in the DAW.

It will also give you a good example of how to setup a project.

Going forward you may want to

• Learn how to use the project templates supplied by the DAW.
  • Learn how to add soft synths to a project.

This will make creating projects with MIDI data much easier.

This is covered in the documentation and there are several video tutorials.

One was linked in one of the previous replies.

There is an entire section of this forum dedicated to tutorials on how to use this DAW.

• Thanks 1