Soundtoys Black Friday Event

cclarry

6 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

My normal price for an upgrade to the full bundle is $320.  For three years it was $160 during BF.  Finally I was ready to buy last year, but they didn't discount the upgrade to the bundle last year or this year.  So that deal may be over. 

Maybe their focus is on the rack now? 

I had an offer to upgrade for something like $80-100 once a couple years ago. Never came back sadly. I wasn't ready that time, I mean really wasn't ready for anything that time so couldn't take the offer. Now that I know what was the best offer in the past, it's really hard to pick anything above it. Too bad as I'm more and more looking for upgrading my ST collection.

10 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I had an offer to upgrade for something like $80-100 once a couple years ago. Never came back sadly. I wasn't ready that time, I mean really wasn't ready for anything that time so couldn't take the offer. Now that I know what was the best offer in the past, it's really hard to pick anything above it. Too bad as I'm more and more looking for upgrading my ST collection.

I wrote them and said I was ready to buy at the price they'd been charging for so many years.  They didn't write back. They could have said, sorry we have other plans, etc. and I would have been fine with it.  But they didn't write back at all.  I didn't like that so now I'm not buying any Soundtoys anymore. 

But just compare it to every other company out there.  For the most part, companies have a consistency to how they price and how they handle sales. You may not like the way they do it but most don't suddenly change the rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

They could have said, sorry we have other plans, etc. and I would have been fine with it.  But they didn't write back at all.

You could try following up; they might have been really busy/had an IT glitch. Just saying it might not have been malice... Of course if they ignore you again, then that's a slightly different story.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Soundtoys are a bit of joke, if you go to their website, log into your account, trying to charge 429 for upgrade from one of their plugins, but you can buy all 21 for 229... really??? who's the clown in charge of that. I'd fire them!.

I think 229 is the BF sale. They used to do personalized upgrade offers somewhere closer to Xmas. Let's see how it will go this year. I keep my wallet ready, if it's something close enough to my best past offer then I'll pull the trigger.

• Like 3