Melodyne deciding not to work

Last year I paid a small fortune to purchase Melodyne, yet somehow it isn't allowing me to use it in any way. I click on "insert audio effect" then select Melodyne, only to find the audio I've selected doesn't appear on the editing panel. Is this a cakewalk thing  or should I contact Melodyne?

Edited by Stewart Cormack

If you elect to use Melodyne as a regular VST plug-in consider reading the Melodyne manual about how to transfer audio into the plug-in.

Bear in mind, once audio is transferred to the plug-in, unlike regular effects plug-ins, Melodyne becomes the source for audio playback.

There are three ways to use melodyne

• as a stand alone editor
  • as a regular VST plug-in
  • as a Region FX

The first two require the audio to be loaded into the tool/plug-in so that Melodyne can process the data.

As a Region FX, Melodyne processes the data on the fly. Refer to signal flow diagram to see where Region FX perform their processing.

Try using Melodyne as a Region FX.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

21 hours ago, scook said:

If you elect to use Melodyne as a regular VST plug-in consider reading the Melodyne manual about how to transfer audio into the plug-in.

Bear in mind, once audio is transferred to the plug-in, unlike regular effects plug-ins, Melodyne becomes the source for audio playback.

There are three ways to use melodyne

• as a stand alone editor
  • as a regular VST plug-in
  • as a Region FX

The first two require the audio to be loaded into the tool/plug-in so that Melodyne can process the data.

As a Region FX, Melodyne processes the data on the fly. Refer to signal flow diagram to see where Region FX perform their processing.

Try using Melodyne as a Region FX.

Brilliant thank you very much, I tried this and it's now working perfectly. 😊