Roland cloud : Play 4 Life Deal is back

Zo

11 hours ago, Zo said:

So if i understand correctly it is the date of contract that is making a sub elligeable for life ? Smart they are ...

Sergio , just try zenology , the engine is exactly the same as fantom , and jupiters ect and i can tell you it sounds superb ... i compared it to the real deal and some of the best emu s Softube and their own ) and it s really sometime a question of filter or adsr values , ect ... if you want real analogness just grab some real synths ,they re affodable now , i moght do alsôbt i swear it s not for the sound but more for intzrfacing ... stuff like fantoms , korg triton ect have been used like crazy and are still superb , and as for the zencore engine , it s even better in some aspects , and the delta is't worth the headache of using their interface witch imho deserve more attention.

Hey Zo. Thanks for your insight. I already have real synths; of all kinds: analog, virtual analog, digital... mono and poly versions. I have even some vintage Rolands.

What I don't have and (sort of) always wanted is a Jupiter-8, a Juno-60 and some other vintage Roland monosynths. And, for me, the ACB plugout technology solves this without the absurd prices, the maintenance and the space problems. As I said, I already have the System-1m to host the monosynths. I just need the System-8 for the remaining ones.

I'm sure the Zen-Core based devices are great (like most of what Roland does) but, in that case, having them as plugins in my DAW is good enough for me. And I can even buy the Zenology Pro Lifetime Key after the subscription renewal ends (as it is not included in the promotion). I'll think about this when the time comes.

11 hours ago, Zo said:

By the way do you if we get the licences a start or at then end of the year subscibed ? 

If we have a running plan , how dos it work ? 

I think you can choose the Lifetime Keys you want and include them in your account after one year of subscription has passed. But this does not matter, as you can fully use them from the start. The Lifetime aspect only keeps it working after the subscription ends. But you'll have to keeep at least a free account for that.

Regarding the owners of running plans, I'll transcribe the FAQ bellow:

Q: What if I already have a membership, can I join the Play 4 Life promotion?

A: Yes! Our upgrade functionality is here to benefit YOU. Here's how:

You can upgrade the remainder of your membership to the Play 4 Life promotion through our membership page HERE

You'll be charged the difference from your current plan to the new plan you have selected.

For annual members moving from a plan of the same price (Ex. Ultimate Annual to Ultimate Play 4 Life).

You will not see a difference in your next charge date after upgrading

Users paying in a local currency may see a small charge, or refund, based on currency fluctuation since last bill.

Monthly members will see a pro-rated upgrade charge, and have their next bill date moved into the future to align with the new annual Play 4 Life plan.

Edited by Sergio

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

As for real analog, I just got a Sequential Take5. A beast at only $1299. 

Congratulations for your great acquisition!!! The Sequential Prophet is another object of desire of mine but, in that case, I'm satisfied having the u-He Repro emulations and a Pioneer/DSI Toraiz AS1 monosynth, which has one voice of the Prophet 6, for a taste of the real 'analogness'.

Edited by Sergio
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sergio said:

Hey Zo. Thanks for your insight. I already have real synths; of all kinds: analog, virtual analog, digital... mono and poly versions. I have even some vintage Rolands.

What I don't have and (sort of) always wanted is a Jupiter-8, a Juno-60 and some other vintage Roland monosynths. And, for me, the ACB plugout technology solves this without the absurd prices, the maintenance and the space problems. As I said, I already have the System-1m to host the monosynths. I just need the System-8 for the remaining ones.

I'm sure the Zen-Core based devices are great (like most of what Roland does) but, in that case, having them as plugins in my DAW is good enough for me. And I can even buy the Zenology Pro Lifetime Key after the subscription renewal ends (as it is not included in the promotion). I'll think about this when the time comes.

I think you can choose the Lifetime Keys you want and include them in your account after one year of subscription has passed. But this does not matter, as you can fully use them from the start. The Lifetime aspect only keeps it working after the subscription ends. But you'll have to keeep at least a free account for that.

Regarding the owners of running plans, I'll transcribe the FAQ bellow:

Q: What if I already have a membership, can I join the Play 4 Life promotion?

A: Yes! Our upgrade functionality is here to benefit YOU. Here's how:

You can upgrade the remainder of your membership to the Play 4 Life promotion through our membership page HERE

You'll be charged the difference from your current plan to the new plan you have selected.

For annual members moving from a plan of the same price (Ex. Ultimate Annual to Ultimate Play 4 Life).

You will not see a difference in your next charge date after upgrading

Users paying in a local currency may see a small charge, or refund, based on currency fluctuation since last bill.

Monthly members will see a pro-rated upgrade charge, and have their next bill date moved into the future to align with the new annual Play 4 Life plan.

Thks Sergio , thing is the ultimate i have is one for free when you buy zeno bundle ...

as for your answers about synths , makes full sens , i was actually considering the rack version also , just to get a decent controller in fact (i might get the jd 800 small thingy for that ) .... when you say it hosts plugout you mean it has dsp and generate sounds or is it just a controller ? 

On 11/13/2021 at 5:02 PM, Zo said:

when you say it hosts plugout you mean it has dsp and generate sounds or is it just a controller ? 

Yes, Zo. The System-1, System-1m and System-8 have the capability to host some of the Roland plugins and run them independently  of a computer. The System-1 series can host one of the monophonic plugins at a time (SH-101, SH-2, Promars and System-100) and the System-8 can host these plus the polyphonic ones (Jupiter-8, JX-3p, Juno 106 and Juno 60, the first 3 come free when you buy the keyboard) and it can keep 3 of these in the memory (you can select them with dedicated button on the front panel). At this moment only this 8 plugins have this so called "Plugout" capability in Rolandspeech. This is somewhat old news... as I said Roland alerady sort of phased out this technology in favor of the more efficient Zen-Core engine. But, as I also said, the ACB technology  that empowers this Keyboards and plugins is the more realistic analog emulation that Roland have produced to this date. And I can attest  the long way they come until it 'cause I have a JP-8080 HW synth to compare, powered with the very first Roland virtual analog engine (the same of the JP-8000, with some minor improvements).

Here are some demonstrations:

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 5:02 PM, Zo said:

i was actually considering the rack version also , just to get a decent controller in fact (i might get the jd 800 small thingy for that )

Oh... and I forgot to comment this Zo. The new JD-08 boutique probably will not be a good external controller for anything. The sliders are too tiny. Check the discussion in https://gearspace.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1365285-new-roland-boutiques-jd-08-amp-jx-08-a.html

Thks homie a lot of great infos here .... , ni keyboard are great when used with komplete kontrol or after heavy mapping but going threw pages is sometime a pain even if i optimise the controls (that i really need ) , so those toland stuff could be a great alternative ,,...

Well... thats it!!! It's Black Friday and the System-8 here is priced $100 over the the Sweetwater retail price. This may sound expensive but, believe me, in my country the usual prices are 50% ,100% and sometimes even 200% more expensive than the US retail prices. So, i figured that this is not a bad deal after all and... GOT IT!!! 😀

Now I just need to wait and see if everything runs fine with my credit card. Almost there...

The consequence: I'll get the Roland Cloud ultimate subscription by the end of December and I'll have to refrain buying anything else related to music (software or otherwise) until the end of October 2022.  I already feel like an addicted trying to leave the drugs but it's for a good cause 😬

Hummmmm..... maybe I should avoid this forum for a while 🤔

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Sergio said:

Well... thats it!!! It's Black Friday and the System-8 here is priced $100 over the the Sweetwater retail price. This may sound expensive but, believe me, in my country the usual prices are 50% ,100% and sometimes even 200% more expensive than the US retail prices. So, i figured that this is not a bad deal after all and... GOT IT!!! 😀

Now I just need to wait and see if everything runs fine with my credit card. Almost there...

The consequence: I'll get the Roland Cloud ultimate subscription by the end of December and I'll have to refrain buying anything else related to music (software or otherwise) until the end of October 2022.  I already feel like an addicted trying to leave the drugs but it's for a good cause 😬

Hummmmm..... maybe I should avoid this forum for a while 🤔

So erase Deal section in this forum from your browser lol !!!! 

I get an extra 20 % on the sub because right now i'm in france :( , so it's 220 euros instead of 199 $ , this pays some extra bank ....don't know why it doesn't take in consideration my account adress instead of where i m  ....

Edited by Zo

44 minutes ago, Zo said:

So erase Deal section in this forum from your browser lol !!!! 

I get an extra 20 % on the sub because right now i'm in france :( , so it's 220 euros instead of 199 $ , this pays some extra bank ....don't know why it doesn't take in consideration my account adress instead of where i m  ....

So you'll be paying $110 for each lifetime key, $10 more per key. I agree with the previous comments... Roland software IS expensive!!!

I only consider this subscription for the Lifetime Keys and because I have the System-1m and, now, the System-8 keyboard.

Otherwise I would avoid it entirely.

2 minutes ago, Sergio said:

So you'll be paying $110 for each lifetime key, $10 more per key. I agree with the previous comments... Roland software IS expensive!!!

I only consider this subscription for the Lifetime Keys and because I have the System-1m and, now, the System-8 keyboard.

Otherwise I would avoid it entirely.

Exact that's why i went zenology pro and expansions , the best bang for the buck imhio as you get all the fantom sounds , as for legendary synths , only the 808 on my mind , they really really did exellent job on those drum machines , the 606 and 707 are superb also , but last release have sync issues , be absoolutly sure to really test syncing before expanding purchases ....

• Like 3

• 7 months later...