Why doesn't "select all" include buss automation??

Hi,

Age old question here... why doesn't buss automation get selected when selecting "all"?

You want to move your song or a part of it etc. everything moves except your buss automation stays put and making it all useless. You have to recreate all the buss automation. I tried cut/paste special etc. it doesn't work. (at least in the BandLab version, it just incorrectly pastes to one buss) I believe in older versions of Sonar you could at least try to figure it out that way.

Buss automation should be selected when selecting "all". All means all! ...Incredibly frustrating.

Are there any workarounds to this?

Thanks

Jono

Workaround...

In Track View with Buses showing, click any track then hit Cntrl-A to select all. Then Cntrl-Click the first bus. Then Cntrl-Shift-Click the last bus. Then Cntrl-Click the last bus again (because for some reason it doesn't select in the previous step). There may be a better way but I don't know it.

1 hour ago, jono grant said:

Buss automation should be selected when selecting "all". All means all! ...Incredibly frustrating.

Yes, I have to agree.

11 minutes ago, Base 57 said:

Workaround...

In Track View with Buses showing, click any track then hit Cntrl-A to select all. Then Cntrl-Click the first bus. Then Cntrl-Shift-Click the last bus. Then Cntrl-Click the last bus again (because for some reason it doesn't select in the previous step). There may be a better way but I don't know it.

Yes, I have to agree.

Just tried that and yes, it will select the buss automation, but if you try to move it... the buss automation just goes away (deleted). What the heck? (bug for sure)

I don't know if it's related to Windows 8 (which I use) but I'm finding so many bugs in the workings of the newer versions of cakewalk.

Thanks for the info

Jono 

I've always been able to copy or movebus automation.  You use Copy/Cut special and you can select what components you want to select and you can also select  all or just individual tracks/buses.  So just do tracks and then do buses. It would be nice if Tracks an Buses got selected if you wanted but otherwise, its only one additional step.   Really no big deal.   Regarding Aux tracks, There are definitely times you want to use buses,   Mixing as stems for example so both need to work and both DO work

22 hours ago, Stxx said:

I've always been able to copy or movebus automation.  You use Copy/Cut special and you can select what components you want to select and you can also select  all or just individual tracks/buses.  So just do tracks and then do buses. It would be nice if Tracks an Buses got selected if you wanted but otherwise, its only one additional step.   Really no big deal.   Regarding Aux tracks, There are definitely times you want to use buses,   Mixing as stems for example so both need to work and both DO work

Why I try to copy/cut paste the bus automation, it goes away/disappears. Some sort of bug I think. Perhaps because I'm on windows 8.1? Not sure

Im on 8 and 10 and no issues.  Use Cut/copy SPECIAL!.   Make sure cursor is in right place and youre on the correct starting track.   The function works perfectly and has for years

Edited by Stxx
  • Like 1

In this case, using aux tracks for buses moves the automation into the track area where "Select All" will select the "bus" automation (now in aux tracks) along with the regular track data in one step.