Mono usb playback to soundcraft Signature 22

Toubab_du_Sinsaloumn

Question

I am in process of setting up a Soundcraft Signature 22 mtk.

I play reggae/dub music, and I want to playback single channels from Cakewalk to Signature, via usb, for the purpose of live dub mixing using the aux channels and outboard gear. Is there a way to playback mono channels instead of stereo? Even if I select interleave mono, I can only choose among stereo channels as output (see picture). I guess I am probably missing something.

(I found a workaround for now. Given that I only have 4 to 6 channels I want to play back, I can set 2 to the same pair (analogue 1 + analogue 2), and use pan in Cakewalk to set them to the left and right channel, respectively. Both are then sent as stereo to the master on the Signature).

1683010826_Screenshot2021-11-06192246.png.0c4727c43cd04164fb66ac175facf21c.png

Screenshot 2021-11-06 192321.png

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Edited by Toubab_du_Sinsaloumn
additional screenshots

8 answers to this question

I like that the Soundcraft has individual track inputs & outputs. My Behringer only has individual track inputs and 2 stereo outputs from the DAW.

Thinking of switching, tho the compromise is the Soundcraft has no dedicated AUX returns so you're forced to use a track for that.

@sjoens  I would do a little review reading as well as go to the Soundcraft user forum first 

I lost my usb connection a year ago. We were using it for live playback only.  But back when I bought it about 4 years ago I thought I’d try it as an interface. I remember the driver was weird to install and it was never clear at what point you would connect the device. Was not impressed about that But once I got it installed the board worked great with Cakewalk and I think I used it all Winter on my W7 laptop system  without issue.  We used it last over the Summer of 2019  and it went back in a road case . 

But of course live performance ended that spring 2 so the board was gathering dust. Just this Summer I thought I’d hook it up and use it. I had redone the W7 laptop with a new SSD HD and W10 
So I re installed the driver and after 10 tries I thought I must be screwed up. The manual just tells you to plug it in and follow the prompts.  I logged on to the Soundcraft user forum and this is we’re I found a lot of posts were people were having similar issues but nothing about my Signature 10. They were all about the Signature 22. 
I emailed support and never got an answer. My conclusion was the USB port on the board has a bad connection, cold solder. 
So they are on my ——- list Otherwise the mixer is very nice with not bad effects. But it become a door stop. 
Funny the only other mixer I ever had issues with was a Behringer. 
My Yamaha o1v is from 1998 and is still working 100%.