Acid Pro Next

cclarry

ACID PRO NEXT

The first DAW with audio separation

SAVE US$100 - $299 Upgrade Intro Price

For the first time in any DAW, ACID Pro Next includes zynaptiq® STEM MAKER audio source separation technology. Split your audio into vocals, drums and music, and use the resulting stems in your own tunes and to remix!

Discover audio seperation

Unique features
in ACID Pro Next

Separate your favorite songs and create amazing remixes

The integrated audio separation technology splits your tracks into vocals, drums and music. With the best audio quality on the market, the STEM MAKER is the perfect tool for sampling and remixing.

Hear it in action

Play ACID like an instrument with the MPC

A new way to play: The all-new MIDI Playable Chopper allows you to split loops into hits and play and record them, MPC style! Create all new audio loops, jam along with your music and create your remix.

Discover remixing

Use all your favorite plug-ins, old or new

Advanced technologies include Celemony Melodyne essential, a new VST3 engine, and a VST bridge. Experience precise audio editing and compatibility with all types of audio plug-ins.

Learn more

Edited by cclarry

12 minutes ago, Kenny Wilson said:

I have and use Acid Pro 8 so I wonder , if that's the upgrade price from having Acid Pro 8 or if that's  the $299 Acid Pro Next price for any body regardless .

Kenny

That's the upgrade price...it's $399 for everyone else

There is also ACID Pro 9, which is a $99 upgrade from ACID Pro 8. 

I can't understand any of logic behind MAGIX anymore.  I don't see how adding a stem unmixer and an essential version of Melodyne is worth $200 more than ACID Pro 9.  $400 for the full priced ACID Next is crazy pricing and $300 to upgrade is laughable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I can't understand any of logic behind MAGIX anymore.  I don't see how adding a stem unmixer and an essential version of Melodyne is worth $200 more than ACID Pro 9.  $400 for the full priced ACID Next is crazy pricing and $300 to upgrade is laughable.

It should be called Acid Pro Next to Stupid.  Who ever though of this idea? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

That's the upgrade price...it's $399 for everyone else

Ouch .....he he eh   whew ...that hurts

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Soon it will be $15 at Humble Bundle ...

Yeah I wish ....

Yeah , where are they hiding that Info ? I certainly couldn't find it

I agree with you on that ...I don't care for Magix pulling something like that .

all the best ,

Kenny

• Like 1

ACID Pro 9.0 Info page:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro/

ACID Next Info Page:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-next/

Comparison page:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-next/version-comparison/#c1045545

They don't compare with version 8.0 though.  But from the 9.0 page it looks like MIDI Playable Chopper, VST3 engine with 32bit compatibility, and some more weak soft synths and loops.

• Thanks 1

I came so close to pulling the trigger on this my finger was all sweaty. I even began squeezing lightly. I guess if a person is into remixing, MPC etc might make sense. Seems to be the market they're going after. Doesn't make sense for me.  

I had wondered what the new things were going to be in the new version. This looks like it.  CbB makes acid loops, has the matrix and I seldom ever touch it.

I wanted to like it. Just can't thus far. Not for what I do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I'm still waiting for them to give me a compelling reason to upgrade from Acid 7.

I'm still waiting for them to give me a compelling reason to upgrade from Acid 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

ACID Pro 9.0 Info page:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro/

ACID Next Info Page:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-next/

Comparison page:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-next/version-comparison/#c1045545

They don't compare with version 8.0 though.  But from the 9.0 page it looks like MIDI Playable Chopper, VST3 engine with 32bit compatibility, and some more weak soft synths and loops.

Very helpful post Sir .Thank you for taking the time .

Hey Starise , yes I do not fall into their target market either . At the prices they want to  get for this I simply will not go there .

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

THIS really should have been the Acid Pro 9 Upgrade...for $99

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding CCLarry in for the Win ...Amen my brother .

1 hour ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I'm still waiting for them to give me a compelling reason to upgrade from Acid 7.

If anybody wants stems extracted they can just buy a plugin that does that, like Regroover, which is often deeply discounted.

Acid 7 is good for sure . I have it , yet honestly , as good as 7 is I still prefer Acid 8 over 7 by a long shot .

I may have different reasons than some ...in my case the short answer involve  this .

I go back a long time w Samplitude . Many of the stock plugs that come with Samplitude I happen to use and like very much .

I hated the idea that I could only use them since they were locked down in Samp. when I got a hold of Acid 8 I was happy to see that 8 came with all of those plugs I like .Then when I factor in a couple of Humble Deals I picked up I was very pleased to have all my SONY apps tightly integrated w Acid 8 ..All the plugs from Sound Forge , Spectral Edits and the Magix Vintage Suite showed up in Acid ..

In addition to that ,The SONY apps I mentioned are already integrated and can be used for editing within Acid 8 ....

For me that's a big one .

I would consider $99 bucks for Magix Acid Pro  Next ...

Not a penny more UNLESS you buy me a hamburger with a side order of Acid Pro Next .

I will gladly pay you on Tuesday ...lol

0wo6X0gBFl2SQV_xB.jpg

Kenny

ACID Pro 8 64bit is very nice.  I've been really happy with it.  It was worth the $100 to upgrade to me.  Even though I don't use it very much.  I still love ACID a lot.

That said, the idea of paying $100 a year to upgrade ACID is a bit much.  It's not advancing that kind of value.

But by creating a new even more expensive tier they have devalued the plain 9.0 upgrade even more.  If they had only released 9.0 with all the features of ACID Next, for $100 they would get my money.  Not right now, but within the next year.  Now that there are two levels though, the math is completely different.  There isn't any advantage paying so much to get 9.0 and not get "everything" and the price for Next is just beyond crazy.

I think going from old SF/Sony ACID to ACID Pro 9 for $100 (I'm rounding) isn't a bad deal.  It's not a great deal though, just reasonable.

I think they are trying really hard to make their subscriptions the version everyone buys and well I don't see it as something I'm interested in.

I sure hope their zynaptiq® STEM MAKER audio source separation technology works better in real life than that video, since it sure didn't sound all that great to me.    And the audio examples seemed really weak too, certainly not $400 great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

ACID Pro 8 64bit is very nice.  I've been really happy with it.  It was worth the $100 to upgrade to me.  Even though I don't use it very much.  I still love ACID a lot.

Yes I feel the same way .

That said, the idea of paying $100 a year to upgrade ACID is a bit much.  It's not advancing that kind of value.

You got that right . I agree w you 100 %

But by creating a new even more expensive tier they have devalued the plain 9.0 upgrade even more.  If they had only released 9.0 with all the features of ACID Next, for $100 they would get my money.  Not right now, but within the next year.  Now that there are two levels though, the math is completely different.  There isn't any advantage paying so much to get 9.0 and not get "everything" and the price for Next is just beyond crazy.

Yes you are making a lot of sense here with this train of thought .

I had gotten the e mail for Next the same day this thread hit the forum , yet if it wasn't for you replying in this thread I would have had no idea Acid Pro 9 was even out.

+1 I would gladly ante up the 99 clams for the whole enchilada . Acid Pro 9  Next ...

I will not under any circumstances try to pawn the dusty lint or the spider webs in my wallet nor the ones that reside in my  pants pockets  just to raise the coin to buy Acid Pro 9 Next at the price Magix is asking  .

As the deal stands now from Magix  ..no way it just ain't gonna happen .

I got a little Magic for you Magix  , keep this type of $hit up and watch me disappear .

I think they are trying really hard to make their subscriptions the version everyone buys and well I don't see it as something I'm interested in.

Me neither , I'm not the least bit interested in a Magix DAW subscription of any kind  ...

If it wasn't for Cakewalk by BandLab  and Mengs generosity,  I would still be sitting over here bent over looking into a mirror with a pair of vise grips in one hand while i go through the motions of  picking out the Joshua Tree prickly thorns out of  my aching  bung hole that got deeply embedded up and in there  from my experiences with the Gibson  SPlat lifetimes  subscription fiasco  .

I sure hope their zynaptiq® STEM MAKER audio source separation technology works better in real life than that video, since it sure didn't sound all that great to me.    And the audio examples seemed really weak too, certainly not $400 great.

Yes I hear you on that point loud and clear  .

Admittedly I confess to  knowing very little about the  zynaptiq® STEM MAKER audio source separation technology.

What I do know is the  Genre of musical examples they chose to use and feature in their video were clearly not even close to my Genre of Music nor were they even close to the nearest Star in the furthest out reaches of  my Musical Orbit  ...not even close .

Unless Magix  thinks a 100.000.000. Light Years away is close enough  to being and nailing a bullseye in my Musical Galaxy .

Here on my beloved home Planet ...The Planet Tele X..... we have high standards lol...

any way thanks for the views you expressed ...it was nice rapping w you

Kenny

PS , please don't mind me or my mini rant, it is all in good fun . I guess I like to kvetch a lot .

Edited by Kenny Wilson

8 hours ago, abacab said:

I'm still waiting for them to give me a compelling reason to upgrade from Acid 6.

Acid 7 still working for me.  So many developers still install 32 bit without your choice and this is for Acid.  All of me newest VSTs work in it.

12 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

If anybody wants stems extracted they can just buy a plugin that does that, like Regroover, which is often deeply discounted.

After reading this post, I found that I have a license to Regroover essential.  And it just so happens that I would like to extract stems from a few tracks.   Who knew that reading a thread about an underwhelming software release would turn out to be so useful?