2021.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

Using Paste, where the Paste window pops up, align to measures can be checked and it doesn't align. I have to redo it, experimenting with the check-box until I can finally get it to work.  I think this bug has only occurred in 2021.11

Copying a clip with automation messes up the Tempo.

This happened today and never happened before so this might only occur under certain situation.

It seems like it copies the 2nd envelop automation data and pasting it on tempo track.

(I changed the automation value and I could confirm that the value changed according to that)

I am not sure if this can be reproduces in other versions but I essentially found this on first release of 2021.11

and I updated to build 018 and it's still there.

Should I send the file or

is this already fixed on the new early access version? 

I tested it on early access version and its still there...

bug.gif

-EDIT-

If I remove Tempo Track data, this doesn't happen.

here is a gif for that http://g.recordit.co/JxjkLuk5a8.gif

Edited by mikannohako

6 hours ago, mikannohako said:

Copying a clip with automation messes up the Tempo.

This happened today and never happened before so this might only occur under certain situation.

It seems like it copies the 2nd envelop automation data and pasting it on tempo track.

(I changed the automation value and I could confirm that the value changed according to that)

I am not sure if this can be reproduces in other versions but I essentially found this on first release of 2021.11

and I updated to build 018 and it's still there.

Should I send the file or

is this already fixed on the new early access version? 

I tested it on early access version and its still there...

bug.gif

-EDIT-

If I remove Tempo Track data, this doesn't happen.

here is a gif for that http://g.recordit.co/JxjkLuk5a8.gif

Can you send us a copy of your project?

I've tried to reproduce this and can't.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Can you send us a copy of your project?

I've tried to reproduce this and can't.

I sent you a message that includes the project file.

What I did before this was splitting clips so that might have something to do with the bug but I am not sure.

1 hour ago, mikannohako said:

I sent you a message that includes the project file.

What I did before this was splitting clips so that might have something to do with the bug but I am not sure.

Thanks for that - I've got your project file and can repro the issue... now to find out why it happens...

[Edit] - this has been fixed. The fix will be available when we release the the main 2021.12 release.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, lm3783 said:

Bug report: PC2A is not shown properly with High-DPI scaling.

Here is what I got with 300% scaling. 

123726.png

Thanks for the report. I can't repro @ 300% here though (on a 4K monitor), so some more info would be useful please.

Does it always happen, even if you restart Cakewalk/Windows? Are you using the latest version of Cakewalk? What's your monitor's native/current resolution? Which version of Windows are you using? Do you have a custom theme enabled? Are you using any 3rd party apps that customize the appearance of Windows (some are known to cause issues)? Do you have any special options enabled in Preferences -> File -> Initialization File? Are your graphics drivers up-to-date? A screenshot of your entire desktop might also be helpful.

Edit: It might also be worth reinstalling PC2A just in case.

4 hours ago, Ben Staton said:

Thanks for the report. I can't repro @ 300% here though (on a 4K monitor), so some more info would be useful please.

Does it always happen, even if you restart Cakewalk/Windows? Are you using the latest version of Cakewalk? What's your monitor's native/current resolution? Which version of Windows are you using? Do you have a custom theme enabled? Are you using any 3rd party apps that customize the appearance of Windows (some are known to cause issues)? Do you have any special options enabled in Preferences -> File -> Initialization File? Are your graphics drivers up-to-date? A screenshot of your entire desktop might also be helpful.

Does it always happen, even if you restart Cakewalk/Windows?

Yes. It happens every time.

Are you using the latest version of Cakewalk?

Version 2021.11 build 018. This problem also existed in previous version.

What's your monitor's native/current resolution?

3840 x 2160

Which version of Windows are you using?

Windows 10 home edition, 21H1

Do you have a custom theme enabled?

No. The default theme was used.

Are you using any 3rd party apps that customize the appearance of Windows (some are known to cause issues)?

None that I'm aware of.

Do you have any special options enabled in Preferences -> File -> Initialization File?

EnableWin10DPIAwareness=1

Are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

Yes. Intel drivers.

A screenshot of your entire desktop might also be helpful.

See attachment.

Reinstalling Cakewalk did not help. I'll try uninstalling and then installing later.

32531.png

14 hours ago, Ben Staton said:

Aha! That might explain it. Please try removing the 'EnableWin10DPIAwareness' setting in Preferences -> File -> Initialization File, and then restart Cakewalk.

OK. Removing EnableWin10DPIAwareness solves the issue. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lm3783 said:

OK. Removing EnableWin10DPIAwareness solves the issue. Thank you!

Great, thanks for letting us know. I think it's time to remove that setting. It was only ever meant to be experimental/opt-in anyway, and yours isn't the first issue we've seen with it.

• 2 months later...

If you're running Windows 10 20H2 it will cause problem with Cakewalk. I've experienced this with my test machine. 

In order to run Cakewalk or any other "popular" DAW fluently on any machine - is to have a system that's dedicated only for the specific chosen DAW and nothing else on it. 

12 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

If you're running Windows 10 20H2 it will cause problem with Cakewalk. I've experienced this with my test machine. 

In order to run Cakewalk or any other "popular" DAW fluently on any machine - is to have a system that's dedicated only for the specific chosen DAW and nothing else on it. 

FWIW, I'm running 21H2 on all of my Windows 10 machines without issue.  All but one have Cakewalk running on them.

The oldest machine is a Dell Vostro 1700 ( 2.2Ghz Intel Core Duo with 4GB RAM ) and even that is fine.

IMO, unless you've got a specific technical reason for running 20H2, I'd recommend upgrading.

17 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW, I'm running 21H2 on all of my Windows 10 machines without issue.  All but one have Cakewalk running on them.

The oldest machine is a Dell Vostro 1700 ( 2.2Ghz Intel Core Duo with 4GB RAM ) and even that is fine.

IMO, unless you've got a specific technical reason for running 20H2, I'd recommend upgrading.

Yes. That's why I'm saying windows 10 20H2 is a buggy built. I'm running 21H2 on all my windows systems. The last time I had experienced this efficiency with windows 10 was in their 1809 version.

Edited by Will_Kaydo