2021.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

2 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

Yes I can, for me to be sending is in "Compose New"? I'm new here at the Forum, I don't know these features.

Either:
1.  Put it in a shared location (e.g. DropBox,  Google Drive etc) and send Jon the link; or
2. Go to "Messages" at the top right of this page, and compose a new personal message to @Jonathan Sasor adding your project as an attachment.

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Either:
1.  Put it in a shared location (e.g. DropBox,  Google Drive etc) and send Jon the link; or
2. Go to "Messages" at the top right of this page, and compose a new personal message to @Jonathan Sasor adding your project as an attachment.

Cannot message @Jonathan Sasor, is there any other way or person for me to be sending?

Screenshot_20211130-144845_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Helene Kolpakova said:

I've been using export features quite extensively in the last couple of days. I wanted to share my gratitude - the Tracks Through Mix and Task Queue features are absolutely gorgeous and helped me streamline and easy my work a lot! 

Same here - My workflow has improved 100% !

• Like 1

I'm still getting this bug in the Export window. When I open it  it defaults to my custom Eternal Encoder preset named "Wav+MP3" Which creates both a wav and mp3 in the export. Many times all I want is an mp3 so I change it to my custom "Mp3" preset. Half the time it creates both the wav and mp3 instead of only the mp3

one more tiny bug detected with Export: audio export folder doesn't immediately change after project is saved into a new folder

To reproduce:

1. Start Cakewalk and create a new project based on a template (I use a customised Normal.cwt).
  2. Add some content to render to the project.
  3. Export audio to %PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export set as Location.
  4. Rendered file is stored under Cakewalk Projects\Audio Export\ which is a valid folder given the project hasn't been saved once yet and thus doesn't have its own folder yet.
  5. Now save the project, name it, say, Project Name, so that it gets its own separate folder.
  6. Export audio again to %PROJECTFOLDER%\Audio Export set as Location.

=> Rendered file is still stored under Cakewalk Projects\Audio Export\ instead of Cakewalk Projects\Project Name\Audio Export\

This is automatically resolved once you reopen the project.

!! PROBLEM WITH SOLO OPERATION !!

I have just updated to latest V27.11.0.018

Now when I press a track solo button it mutes all pre-fade sends from other tracks.  This doesn't make sense!

I use pre-fade sends as cue feeds to artists and now I can't solo a track without them losing their feeds.

Can someone at Cakewalk check this urgently please and let me have an update.

Regards

Robert

On 12/6/2021 at 9:42 AM, tunes4days said:

I recently upgraded to the latest release and noticed this...

Issue with fuzzy/blurry font for FX bin flyout menus only.  The rest of the menus throughout the application render properly and are crisp and sharp looking.

Cakewalk isn't a DPI aware application and so it relies on Windows to do the scaling. In some scenarios text in menus may not look very crisp as a result of this.
Are you sure that you are running at the native resolution and Windows is not set to do scaling in display settings? 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:33 AM, norfolkmastering said:

!! PROBLEM WITH SOLO OPERATION !!

I have just updated to latest V27.11.0.018

Now when I press a track solo button it mutes all pre-fade sends from other tracks.  This doesn't make sense!

I use pre-fade sends as cue feeds to artists and now I can't solo a track without them losing their feeds.

Can someone at Cakewalk check this urgently please and let me have an update.

Regards

Robert

Yes I can confirm that this is a change in behavior. We'll look into addressing it for the upcoming December update.
Thanks for your report.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:04 PM, Herbert Miron said:

I've already tried these methods, I even formatted the computer and didn't install any plugins, nor did the missing plugins window appear. The DAW closes like the video I sent.

@Herbert Miron Its possible that one of your plugin's is corrupting memory leading to this. If you have already tried safe mode and loaded the project without any plugins check if your Microsoft redistributables are up to date by following this link. That installer should repair your redists in case that is the issue.
Do you get the issue only with that project or any project you try and open?

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Cakewalk isn't a DPI aware application and so it relies on Windows to do the scaling. In some scenarios text in menus may not look very crisp as a result of this.
Are you sure that you are running at the native resolution and Windows is not set to do scaling in display settings? 

Thanks for looking into this.  I appreciate your time.

I am certain that the display is at native resolution and Windows is set to 100% scaling.  Everything looks fine everywhere else with all fonts except for the new plug-in menus.  If you see below, I've attached a comparison between the original style menus that still exist in various places throughout the application and the new plug-in menus that were introduced in 2021.04.  To my eyes at least and a couple other folks that I've inquired with who run CW as well, the new plug-in menu font looks fuzzy and blurry compared to the original plug-in menu font.  In fact, the screen grabs in the release notes for 2021.04 highlighting the new plug-in menus also -- again to me -- don't appear to be very clear and sharp like the original menus.  I guess I just wonder if this is a different font for the new menus and if so which one?  Can we have the old font with the new plug-in menus?  Is there anyway to override the new menus?  I noticed a "fix" in the release notes for 2021.06 which referred to a workaround for problems displaying the new plug-in menus which presumably reverted to the original menu style and/or font?

fonts.png

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Herbert Miron Its possible that one of your plugin's is corrupting memory leading to this. If you have already tried safe mode and loaded the project without any plugins check if your Microsoft redistributables are up to date by following this link. That installer should repair your redists in case that is the issue.
Do you get the issue only with that project or any project you try and open?

I tried every possible way, and it didn't open any of my projects saved in the previous version. I installed the recommended redistributables, I also installed others that I found on the Microsoft website, and it didn't work.

I uninstalled all plugins and not even the missing plugins window opened, I asked Mark for the installer for version 2021.09, installed it and my projects reopened normally.

For now I will continue with version 2021.09, as soon as they release the official 2021.12 I will try again to install and see if it will work with my saved projects. Unfortunately 2021.11 didn't work with me.

As I mentioned, I don't remember in which topic, the problem happened after I wiped my disk and reinstalled Win 10 again, when doing a clean installation, the problem appeared.

Before I formatted my computer, I had upgraded from version 2021.09 to 2021.11 using the update installer, it worked. However, when formatting and using the full 2021.11 installer it didn't work anymore.

Empirically, and given all the attempts I've made, what I could see that the problem occurs, when you install the full version on a newly formatted computer, when there are no leftovers in the system or when the existing installation is not overwritten.

I know you are all committed to improving this DAW that for me is the best of all. Thank you to the entire team for your attention!