2021.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

Just updated to 2021.11 Build 18 64 bit. Windows 11.

I have a dual monitor setup, and since this update the main Cakewalk windows is PINNED to the upper left corner of my secondary monitor. This is an interesting feature, to keep it pinned like that, but I can't figure out how to unpin it, and I would much prefer it be pinned to the primary display....

Any ideas?

-Jeremy

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Fox said:

Just updated to 2021.11 Build 18 64 bit. Windows 11.

I have a dual monitor setup, and since this update the main Cakewalk windows is PINNED to the upper left corner of my secondary monitor. This is an interesting feature, to keep it pinned like that, but I can't figure out how to unpin it, and I would much prefer it be pinned to the primary display....

Any ideas?

-Jeremy

On further examination, it appears that the main Windows bar, which includes  the minimize and exit buttons on the right, and bar which allows you to move the window, is missing. How do I get it back? :)

Screenshot 2021-11-13 092625.png

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Fox said:

On further examination, it appears that the main Windows bar, which includes  the minimize and exit buttons on the right, and bar which allows you to move the window, is missing. How do I get it back? :)

Screenshot 2021-11-13 092625.png

See those arrows to the left of the word "Workspaces"? Click that icon.

Hey, Eddie. 

Yeah, what's happening for me, is it's toggling between Cakewalk being full screen and another size. When it's the "other size" I can drag Cakewalk handles on the left, right and bottom right corner. But the main window bar is missing. So I can't "move" the window.

Edited by Jeremy Fox

If you have a saved project, open it up and see what happens.

Can you open the startscreen and select the basic template? What happens then?

You could also in  the workspace list change to "none".

Maybe delete "Cakewalk.ini" or "aud.ini" or "ttsseq.ini". These files get recreated by Cakewalk if they are missing. Sometimes that help if something in one of them gets corrupted. These three initialization files are stored in the following folder:

%AppData%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

BUT Before making any changes to any of the .ini files, you should make a backup copy in case you make a mistake.

3 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

Isn't there a setting in Windows that hides the app title bar?

Not sure if this is what you need: inside CW you can have access to the whole screen - without being bothered by the windows task bar - ; Use Full Screen - in this scenario there is no need to hide the task bar. To access Full Screen (see pic), or use F11.

Imagen1.png

• Thanks 1

Hello
1.Dear developers, can you make sure that when you open the audio export window, the path to the file you want to export leads not to the Audio Export folder, but to the folder directly with the project to which you want to export?

2. When exporting to mp3 file, can you make 320 kbps by default?

• Great Idea 1

33 minutes ago, Maxim Vasilyev said:

Hello
1.Dear developers, can you make sure that when you open the audio export window, the path to the file you want to export leads not to the Audio Export folder, but to the folder directly with the project to which you want to export?

Needs more thought.

I do NOT want it otherwise (#1)

#2? I’ve been asking/wishing for mp3 presets it seems forever. A big issue here may be that the mp3 dialog is not actually part of Cake. An encoder now free for use.

1 hour ago, Maxim Vasilyev said:

Hello

For (1) change your Audio Export Folder within Preferences to %PROJECTFOLDER%    ( i.e. remove the \Audio Export  part )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a quick Thank You.  My studio (Pie Man Sound) briefly switched from Sonar to Protools when Gibson stopped support, but I've been on Cakewalk by Bandlab since you "rebirthed" it.  More than 1000 projects later, I've never lost a track, and aside from a few blips, the stability and functionality has been fantastic for both full band tracking on a console, and for one-person sessions where the musician is also the engineer.  And most remarkably, service improved when the software became free. Whatever you are doing, it is very much appreciated - all day, every day. Thanks!

• Like 7

Hey!
I am working on the latest version of Cakewalk build .018, and now I found out that in Native Instruments "Replica" (delay) it is impossible to save a preset in the standard "save as" way. The problem is that it is absolutely impossible to enter the name of the preset in the appropriate field, when you press any keys on the keyboard, commands are triggered in the main interface of Cakewalk. It is also impossible to paste the copied text into this window. It possible only save "preset VST2" from upper menu of plugin.  
Does anyone else have this?

I work in Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (official spanish), version of NI "Replica" - 1.3.2 (R50).

Edited by Igopp

Just took a shot of whiskey, inhaled a DEEP BREATH, closed my eyes, bit the bullet, clicked my mouse & updated/installed the newest version release of Windows 10 Pro 21H2.

It was a nerve wrack 'in 20 or 30 minutes or so............. of...... ant..is...a....pa........tion....😫......😫....... 🤬......  😫...... but the agony was all for naught. 😮 it all blew by without a glitch.  FASTEST MOST UNEVENTFUL OS UPDATE EVER & IT ROCKS STEADY WITH CAKEWALK by BANDLAB! 😎👍👍💪🏻💪🏻🤠🤠🙏🏼🥂🍻

NO changes to system configuration.

NO having to reregister any 3rd party software or plugins.

And SO DOES the new release of CbB 2021.11 running better the ever on my [NOT a laptop] custom built full tower Studio Workstation SMOOTH & EFFICIENTLY as a Hot Rod Lincoln on a silk highway!👍👍

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! 😎 😂🤪

And the results of this morning's "Bench Test"

744828117_CakewalkStresstest2021-11-17_9-13-44.jpg.d103dd6bd0b998cd4e6281c132f77b91.jpg

https://www.bandlab.com/post/85c786ef-b547-ec11-9820-e42aac7a5303

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IgoRr said:

Hey!
I am working on the latest version of Cakewalk build .018, and now I found out that in Native Instruments "Replica" (delay) it is impossible to save a preset in the standard "save as" way. The problem is that it is absolutely impossible to enter the name of the preset in the appropriate field, when you press any keys on the keyboard, commands are triggered in the main interface of Cakewalk. It is also impossible to paste the copied text into this window. It possible only save "preset VST2" from upper menu of plugin.  
Does anyone else have this?

I work in Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (official spanish), version of NI "Replica" - 1.3.2 (R50).

May be this is the solution?

You have to give all strokes to the plugin, in order to differentiate the commands for CW and the commands for the plugin - see pic.

To do that, just click on the highlighted field to activate it. (and don't forget to de-activate it after you are done, or CW will not respond to your keystronks!)

Imagen1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1