2021.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

@puddy @thegaltieribrothers This will make its way out in general later today, but if you use the web installer I posted earlier in the thread, you'll get a new build which fixes this. Thanks!

Thank you, the first note now does register on the step clip.

(Moving that resultant clip however still changes step sequencer view to console view).

Regards,

8 hours ago, puddy said:

Thank you, the first note now does register on the step clip.

(Moving that resultant clip however still changes step sequencer view to console view).

Regards,

I had the first note of step sequencer problem as well.  So far it seems the web update fixed it.  Man, that completely blew my mind!!!  Sure glad someone posted a fix.

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

I made an update from the web installer Downloader version 1.0.0.034.

I've run check for updates and help and get different versions.

In one is version 16.
In another it is version 15.

I'm confused.

We made build 16 due to a regression in the step sequencer, which the web installer picks up. The backend BL server hasn't been updated yet, which is why it's still showing build 15.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Can you post a screenshot? That error is not related to the in app updates done from the help menu.
Make sure you are signed in to your BandLab account for activation to work.

Messed around with my Internet connection and finally got the download, I did get the error when trying to update from the program though and this is the only time I've had any problems downloading either from Bandlab app or from CbB directly. Can no longer generate the error now so can't send a screen shot.

Thanks for your concern Noel.

Roy

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:37 PM, Terry Kelley said:

Not sure if this is of any importance but I get a crash on the Flanger DX plugin with the new build (15). I rolled back and it worked.  I'll try deleting and add it again.

DumpNew Song Acoustic 5A 110521_11062021_212027.dmp

New Song Acoustic 5A 110521_11062021_212027.txt 1011 B · 1 download

Unhandled exception at 0x000000002B6632C2 (PGFlanger64.dll) in New Song Acoustic 5A 110521_11062021_212027.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFF8B64BE04.

This is a plugin bug. Please report it to the vendor (PG Music)

• Thanks 1

I mentioned this during the EA. No one seems to have noticed, but it's still strange. 

Here's the situation

I have a project I use for general mastering of my own tunes. I import 24/48 mixes and export 16/44.1 wav and mp3 files.

I open the project, import my song, master and export using two tasks.

One to create the wav and the other to create the mp3.

When I am ready to export, I update each of the tasks to the current song title/location. The mp3 of course pops up the mp3 dialog which has the settings the project was last saved with used and I type in the new data where needed.

So far so good. The issue is in the next part of this scenario.

I then delete the song file and import the next file to be mastered.

Adjust the mastering to the needs of this next song and proceed to export.

I update the filename/location and proceed to update the tasks.

wav file update is normal

mp3 update is not. Now when i run the update task, the mp3 dialog is empty and I must re-type all data as well as adjust all mp3 settings.

Shouldn't this still have the most recent data is was updated with? I have not closed the file.

Not a show stopper, but.........

• Thanks 1

Export using External Encoder still doesn't ask if you'd like to overwrite an  mp3 file.

I have my External Encoder set up to save the wav file used to create an mp3. So if I choose my Preset named wav+mp3, Both a wav and mp3 are created in the same process,

If I use my preset: wav+mp3, to create a wav and mp3 and then repeat the process. I will get a message box asking if I'd like to replace the wav file, but not a message asking to if I'd like to replace the mp3. 

If I choose my custom External Encoder "Mp3", it also doesn't ask if I'd like to replace the file with the same name

The export window sometimes gets confused also. Sometimes if I choose my custom mp3 preset, it will create and save the wav file also

Edited by gmp

6 hours ago, gmp said:

Export using External Encoder still doesn't ask if you'd like to overwrite a  mp3 file.

I have my Experience Encoder set up to save the wav file used to create an mp3. So if I choose my Preset named wav+mp3, Both a wav and mp3 are created in the same process,

If I use my preset: wav+mp3, to create a wav and mp3 and then repeat the process. I will get a message box asking if I'd like to replace the wav file, but not a message asking to if I;'d like to replace the mp3. 

If I choose my custom External Encoder "Mp3", it also doesn't ask if I'd like to replace the file with the same name

The export window sometimes gets confused also. Sometimes if I choose my custom mp3 preset, it will create and save the wav file also

I experienced something like this too.

I ran my two tasks (see previous post), I then realized an error I made and went back and re-ran the tasks recently updated.

Both files were over-written with no warning

2 hours ago, Keni said:

I experienced something like this too.

I ran my two tasks (see previous post), I then realized an error I made and went back and re-ran the tasks recently updated.

Both files were over-written with no warning

This is good news for me, since you weren't using an External Encoder, which I'm sure few use. So hopefully this will be fixed since the same thing is happening when using "tasks"

45 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

@Keni / @gmp  -  The export dialog checks for duplicate filenames at the time you add the task.  After that, there are no more checks.

The task queue is designed to be run without any user intervention/interruption, so files will be overwritten if they already exist.

In my case I'm not using "tasks", I'm using an External Encoder. And for wav files I always get the "replace file" message, but I never get that message for mp3's. If this is the way it was intended, then it should be reconsidered, since the old export window did not do this and was better in this respect.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

@Keni / @gmp  -  The export dialog checks for duplicate filenames at the time you add the task.  After that, there are no more checks.

The task queue is designed to be run without any user intervention/interruption, so files will be overwritten if they already exist.

Thanks Mark...

Too bad. That's a tender spot there I will have to remember to triple think before committing.

I do realize why though.

In this case, it was actually convenient saving me from needing to give permission for both. 🙏