Moving Waves Plugins Between Computers

Kamikaze

I've just built my first PC and am transferring all my out of laptop. Mostly going well, but the Waves installer is doing my head in and the one opportunity a year warning is making me anxious. 

I had 4 plug ins activated on my laptop, and one not in use (H-Comp). 

Installed Waves on my my Desktop, and had the H-Comp activated in C drive (The others say Windows, but I assum that;s because they are on the laptops C drive and it runs windows). 

So I did a test with Sibilance, as I've never used it, and it ended up on a license cloud, not the desktop. 

How do the other 3, and get the Sibilence off the cloude and on to the desktop

waves3.png

Waves 2.png

Waves 1.png

Ugh, the way I manage my Waves licenses is to keep them on a USB stick. Any generic one will do, my WAVES dongle is an old 64M thumb drive and it has about 20 licenses on it. They barely take up any room.

If you prefer not to have things poking out of your USB ports, you can still use the stick to transfer the licenses: before decommissioning the old system, move the licenses to a USB stick, then put the stick in your new system and transfer them locally.

Having licenses in My License Cloud is fine, you still have access to them, but to use them, you need to either activate them to a USB drive or your local system. "Windows" is the name of your laptop computer. If you have multiple computers, it's good to go into your Windows settings and change their names to something more unique and descriptive, like "Studio" or "Portable" or whatever. If you plan on networking them to each other, it's even necessary.

In general, assuming that Waves isn't your only plug-in vendor, do be diligent about going through the rest of your collection and deauthorizing as many of them as you can. IK Multimedia, Plugin Alliance, iZotope, etc. all allow you to deauthorize. I go through my list of plug-ins in the Browser to jog my memory.

Things may go better if you update your Waves Central on the laptop to 13.09.

Good luck!

Yeah I have 19 manufacturers  and I am working through them methodically with notes. So far the only manufacture I haven't successfully installed and authorized is Waves. All the other were pretty easy, but this one has me baffled.  I have 10 manufacturers deauthorized, so I'm working on that now. 

I'll update Waves on the laptop, but I still don't know what I am trying to do. I just want it all on my new desktop. I think before I touch the remaining (and most important of the 5) on the laptop I get sibilance activated.  What exactly am I meat to be doing?

Even the  Version 10 installer checks for updates, doesn't realize itself is out of date, ad doesn't have a check for updates build into it. Now installed Version the latest version of Central on my laptop.

Edited by Kamikaze