Jump to content
cclarry

25% Off Waves WUP

Recommended Posts

For a limited time only, you can save 25% off when you renew your Waves Update Plan coverage.

You’ll get one full year of care for your Waves products, and all the benefits that coverage provides:

Personal care & tech support by phone & email

Free plugin updates for rock-solid compatibility with all new systems

Any new plugins added to your bundles – free

Waves Loyalty Voucher: Get $1 back for every dollar spend on the Waves Update Plan, good toward any Waves software purchase

Learn more about the benefits here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Kobe beating that price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Is Kobe beating that price?

I would most certainly expect him to...he always does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yes, Koby will do better. I got a great price on WUP for my Mercury + Studio Classics and some other expired plugins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cclarry said:

For a limited time only, you can save 25% off when you renew your Waves Update Plan coverage.

You’ll get one full year of care for your Waves products, and all the benefits that coverage provides:

Personal care & tech support by phone & email

Free plugin updates for rock-solid compatibility with all new systems

Any new plugins added to your bundles – free

Waves Loyalty Voucher: Get $1 back for every dollar spend on the Waves Update Plan, good toward any Waves software purchase

Learn more about the benefits here.

You don't know how much I need a discount on my WUP. 

I have  lots of plugins that are now over due for updating. 

Here's the question I have.  Even though I upgraded all of my plugins to work with Waves 10, is it really necessary to update them every year while they are still under Waves 10.  I mean, will I still receive all updates if they are not updated each year. 

Also what about over all use,  I know I have to update them before Waves 11, but do I have to worry about any limitations if they are not updated?

I am seriously thinking about moving away from Waves as they are pinching my pockets all of the times for updates.  If I had 5 to 15 plugins, that would be no problem, but I have a long list of plugins from Waves and the updates are killing me. 😭


Thanks for any response. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jesse g said:

You don't know how much I need a discount on my WUP. 

I have  lots of plugins that are now over due for updating. 

Here's the question I have.  Even though I upgraded all of my plugins to work with Waves 10, is it really necessary to update them every year while they are still under Waves 10.  I mean, will I still receive all updates if they are not updated each year. 

Also what about over all use,  I know I have to update them before Waves 11, but do I have to worry about any limitations if they are not updated?

I am seriously thinking about moving away from Waves as they are pinching my pockets all of the times for updates.  If I had 5 to 15 plugins, that would be no problem, but I have a long list of plugins from Waves and the updates are killing me. 😭


Thanks for any response. 

 

No...if they are version 10 no need to really upgrade, with the exception of 
Bundles, where you'll get the new plugins added.  However, you'll get those
plugins when you DO upgrade...so, unless you need them NOW, you don't
even need to do them.

Here's a trick that I use to get the MOST out of WUP.  

When you're ready to get your WUP, buy a NEW, CHEAP, plugin.
THEN buy your WUP for ALL of your plugins at the same time.
(NOTE:  Make sure you are INCLUDING the NEW plugin)
THIS will get you TWO YEARS of WUP for the price of ONE.
WHY?  Because WUP is extended for 1 year from the LAST expiration
date of ALL the plugins you WUP, that being the NEW plugin you just bought,
which already has 1 year of WUP, so it will extend them ALL for TWO YEARS!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so Waves is charging  me $180 with 25% off  for my plugins that are currently out of date.  

Can Kobe or anyone else beat that price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jesse g said:

OK, so Waves is charging  me $180 with 25% off  for my plugins that are currently out of date.  

Can Kobe or anyone else beat that price?

Most likely....go here
http://everyplugin.com/waves-upgrades
 

Give him your waves email and user ID and what you want to upgrade.
He will get back to you with a quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cclarry said:


Here's a trick that I use to get the MOST out of WUP.  

When you're ready to get your WUP, buy a NEW, CHEAP, plugin.
THEN buy your WUP for ALL of your plugins at the same time.
(NOTE:  Make sure you are INCLUDING the NEW plugin)
THIS will get you TWO YEARS of WUP for the price of ONE.
WHY?  Because WUP is extended for 1 year from the LAST expiration
date of ALL the plugins you WUP, that being the NEW plugin you just bought,
which already has 1 year of WUP, so it will extend them ALL for TWO YEARS!

CCLARRY,

 

OK, I think I will hold off of the update until I have to update for Waves 11 or the next major release that requires the WUP update
----

It's time for you to get a new fur coat because that advice was worth PLENTY !!!

CCLARRY HAS PLENTY, he is saving my PLENTY  $$$$$

Edited by jesse g
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I do often: I upgrade to a bundle that includes my existing outdated plugins. For instance: I had some solo CLA signture plugins on version 9.  When Waves did a deal on the CLA bundle I bought the upgrade from my plugins to the bundle. Doing this I have a discount on the sale price (because I already have some of the plugins) and I WUPed the whole lot on the bundle. I did this also by upgrading from Gold to Platinum to Diamond and in many other occasions. You'll get new plugins, a discount and WUP with one strike 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jesse g said:

Can Kobe or anyone else beat that price?

I can. Don't "WUP".   My v9 plugins still work just fine.  🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jesse g said:

You don't know how much I need a discount on my WUP. 

I have  lots of plugins that are now over due for updating. 

Here's the question I have.  Even though I upgraded all of my plugins to work with Waves 10, is it really necessary to update them every year while they are still under Waves 10.  I mean, will I still receive all updates if they are not updated each year. 

Also what about over all use,  I know I have to update them before Waves 11, but do I have to worry about any limitations if they are not updated?

I am seriously thinking about moving away from Waves as they are pinching my pockets all of the times for updates.  If I had 5 to 15 plugins, that would be no problem, but I have a long list of plugins from Waves and the updates are killing me. 😭


Thanks for any response. 

 

I'm not convinced the updates do anything at all.  None of my v9s to v10s actually seemed to have any difference other than the number they associate with it in your account.  

Unless you get stuck with non-working plugins on your system (which they won't offer customer support to help with unless you have WUP) then I do not see the point.  

 

As for the idea that you get added plugins in a particular bundle....also don't see the point since I have yet to see an addition you couldn't end up buying for way less than WUP.  

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

My update price on my Melda and Image Line plugins are free.

Word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to WUP before you need something to buy from Waves, as you will receive a voucher of the same amount of your WUP spending to use for Waves products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

My update price on my Melda and Image Line plugins are free.

That's why I was thinking about moving away from the Waves plugins.   I have bought other plugins and they either have free updates, or they have upgrades three or so years later and the cost is minimal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cclarry said:

I would most certainly expect him to...he always does

And he did. So I did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...