25% Off Waves WUP

cclarry

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I'm assuming that the $150 is for all the products being transferred... I may be wrong though, it is Waves after all.

You may already know this, but WUP must be current in order to transfer products to a different account. 

I don't understand how having two separate accounts would save you money, though 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Monomox said:

You may already know this, but WUP must be current in order to transfer products to a different account. 

I don't understand how having two separate accounts would save you money, though 

The problem is if you have duplicates in your account, the cap doesn't apply.

Having two separate accounts (one for my laptop, one for my studio pc), means there's no duplicates so I can have a cap of $240 on each account. With duplicate products, I get no cap at all.

The pricing structure is so unclear, I've no idea whether this would in practice make a difference once all my plugins are out of their current 1 year free updates - i.e. do I effectively get a cap of $480 ?

But given that they're asking in excess of $1000, I'm not convinced.

A breakdown of what I'm paying per product would be nice!

[Edit] - I totally missed the current WUP before a transfer. Thanks for letting me know. I'll update my original post.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

The problem is if you have duplicates in your account, the cap doesn't apply.

That is soooo bogus.  Surely there is a misunderstanding!  How does this help Waves customers - at all??   Maybe that's why they gave away HComp recently, so those of us who already had it can get sucked into the WUP Black Hole?   Seriously, there must be some mistake, I just don't see how anyone in management would think it's a good idea to screw their customers over that way. Especially customers like who who have bought multiple copies of the plugins!  (Which you also shouldn't have to do, but that is another issue.)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a slight variation on maybe how to get the most out of WUP. Let's say I have several plugins that expire in Oct 2019. I have several others that expire in March 2020. If I WUP them all, do they ALL get extended to Match 2021?

Just now, fret_man said:

Here's a slight variation on maybe how to get the most out of WUP. Let's say I have several plugins that expire in Oct 2019. I have several others that expire in March 2020. If I WUP them all, do they ALL get extended to Match 2021?

Yes....WUP is extended 1 Year from the WUP Expiration of the Last Plugin Purchased
when ALL are WUP'd together, and remember, you get ALL the money spent BACK
in the form of a Voucher good for up to 25% Plugins, or 50% off Bundles

2 minutes ago, fret_man said:

if i understand well , yep , you can simulate this on thier website , just don't go until payment