25% Off Waves WUP

cclarry

17 hours ago, mibby said:

I can. Don't "WUP".   My v9 plugins still work just fine.  🙂

Can someone beat mibby's price of $0? 

The upgrade from version 9 to 10 was in name only. 

I'm actually planning to WUP every plugin I have at some point only to be able to sell the stuff I don't use. The math may never work, so I don't know what I am going to do when it becomes just to cumbersome to use very old versions.  For example, I  think you need a different Waves Central for version 9 plugins, don't you? 

I only use a small percentage of my Waves plugins, but I really really like those ones. 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, cclarry said:

Here's a trick that I use to get the MOST out of WUP.  

When you're ready to get your WUP, buy a NEW, CHEAP, plugin.
THEN buy your WUP for ALL of your plugins at the same time.
(NOTE:  Make sure you are INCLUDING the NEW plugin)
THIS will get you TWO YEARS of WUP for the price of ONE.
WHY?  Because WUP is extended for 1 year from the LAST expiration
date of ALL the plugins you WUP, that being the NEW plugin you just bought,
which already has 1 year of WUP, so it will extend them ALL for TWO YEARS! 

The WUP web page has changed recently.   I tried the extended renewal trick as written above, and it no longer worked. 

When selecting all of my 'expired' plugins, the WUP update price was capped and discounted 25% to $180, and the coverage is for one year.  As expected.

When adding my 'covered' plugins (i.e. renewing covered and expired), the price doubled to $360.  An explanation appeared explaining the higher cost was because the renewal included plugins still covered by WUP. 

Has anyone else tried to renew both WUP expired and covered plugins?   Perhaps, I did something wrong.  

Edit #2: Tried renewing 'expired' and 'covered' plugins separately.  But realized this won't work since it would result in the 'expired' plugins having 1-year coverage, and 'covered' having nearly 2-year coverage.   Of course, wanted all to have the 2-year coverage (like it used to be)!

Edited by Tom B
More info, changed the explanation.

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

But it should still be for TWO YEARS and not just "One" when you select ALL plugins

Yes, the renewal was for 2 years for all plugins, but for $360.   Is that the way it's supposed to work?   Maybe I misunderstood.

There was a cap on WUP for ALL Plugins at $250 if you certified
that you only used your plugins on ONE machine at at time.
I no longer see that option, so that might be what has changed.
I also see that they have now seperated "expired" from current,
so that is another change, and maybe that is what causes the 
cap to be on either "Expired" or "Current".  In this case I would
NOW let my plugins all expire before renewing, thus getting the
$250 cap

Exact .... no cap here , if i update i gain 5 new plugin .... at 29 $ one , donthe math.  And those he only ones that are worth are cla mixhun , omnichannel and torch ....the rest is usuless .... what i mean is waves should be more respectfull to longtime supporters , the have been hit hard when ilok2 was craked , but now the seems to the cheap way for numbers , i thunk it works since i do see more and more student "buying plugin they use" but this wup is the only thing that actually got worst and i know why , because usually bugb undle guyz are supposed to be pro with money so , hey   Let s keep getting their money , even if they weere there from start ...

Me think no good ....

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Has there ever been word about what V10 actually brought to the table?

A new version number to maintain and endless "upgrade" installation headaches...

Edited by mibby

I think waves need to re-evaluate their update plan. It was a lot cheaper for me just to upgrade to Mercury + Studio Classics for £83.72 than to use WUP on Mercury and SSL Collection individually. Of course this only adds one year from the day you upgrade, doesn't add to what you already have, so better to do it on day of expiry, which is what I did in this case.

To renew my update plan they're wanting $1045.90 ($784.43 with the 25% discount).

I've got duplicates of each product due to me having 2 machines, and some are in date/some out of date.

The only way that will come down in price is to not buy another Waves product until all my products go out of date, then buy the WUP.

Also, even if only selected the products licensed to a particular machine, and do two separate WUP upgrades, I'm not convinced that this would allow me to take advantage of any cap.

At this price, Wave's aren't going to get a WUP out of me any time soon.... if ever. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

To renew my update plan they're wanting $1045.90 ($784.43 with the 25% discount).

I've got duplicates of each product due to me having 2 machines, and some are in date/some out of date.

The only way that will come down in price is to not buy another Waves product until all my products go out of date, then buy the WUP.

Also, even if only selected the products licensed to a particular machine, and do two separate WUP upgrades, I'm not convinced that this would allow me to take advantage of any cap.

At this price, Wave's aren't going to get a WUP out of me any time soon.... if ever. 

I'm in the same boat - I (mis) understood there was a $240 cap - but you're right you need to wait until everything is out of date.  Means I can't/won't buy any more waves stuff for the foreseeable future.

I'll email them because I can't imagine this is what was intended  ?

update - just had it confirmed

to take advantage of the cap all products you are updating need to have WUP already expired.  That's really not very good that means I'm best to hold off buying any more waves stuff until ALL my waves products expire, then I can co-term them all and take advantage of the cap.

seems like they are doing themselves out of selling products ?

AND if they have ALL expired 

Mine expire slowly over the course of the year so I have to wait for them all to expire to take advantage of the cap on the lot - otherwise I pay full (capped) price on every time I update.   So I need to wait until they have all expired so that they are all in sync

Edited by simon

2 minutes ago, simon said:

AND if they have ALL expired

Indeed - although even when cclarry's old trick worked, the cap didn't apply if you owned more than one copy of the product.

If I had known this at the time, I'd have just created two separate accounts.

Just now, msmcleod said:

Indeed - although even when cclarry's old trick worked, the cap didn't apply if you owned more than one copy of the product.

If I had known this at the time, I'd have just created two separate accounts.

can you do a licence transfer to another account ?

6 hours ago, simon said:

can you do a licence transfer to another account ?

I believe you can... it costs though:

Transfer fees are 5% of the full, regular list price of the products being transferred (minimum $10, maximum $150 per transfer request).

I'm assuming that the $150 is for all the products being transferred... I may be wrong though, it is Waves after all.Also, I've got extra copies of the SSL E & G channels which aren't activated. I wish I could just "disown" them. Mind you, the transfer fee should only be $24.90 for the two.

[EDIT] Waves want a further $33.62 (normally $44.82) to buy an active Waves Update Plan before they'll allow any license transfer. This brings the total to $58.52 while the 25% off WUP is in place.

If anyone wants these, I'm happy to transfer them for the price of the transfer & WUP fee. PM me if you're interested... first come, first served

Edited by msmcleod

it's kind of crazy that it's better to give stuff away than get it under support

I also like the fact they say "full, regular list price" - I mean, when have waves ever sold at the "full, regular list price" ? making that phrase a little meaningless IMO

try emailing them first before giving stuff away, you might reach somebody more sensible who'll cut you a proper deal on the whole lot (think they have phone support too)