Harmonisation (either manually or VST)

Mark Baker

Hi everyone. Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum. I'm looking for a way to create a harmonisation of a single guitar line (specifically the intro melody to Muscle Museum by Muse). The obvious way to manually do this is to duplicate the part and pitch shift it up 3 semitones but unfortunately on of the notes is pitched up 4 semitones. Short of cutting the audio up and applying different pitch shifts to each note, is there a more effective way that I have missed within Cakewalk?

Additionally, if there is a free VST that anyone could recommend that would do this live for me, that would be awesome (as it would allow me to mess around in "live-time").

One thing that has occurred to me whilst typing this (I'm away from Cakewalk at the moment) might be to use something like Graillon on a second track and "arm and input echo" both tracks simultaneously, although I'm not sure at the moment whether it has the capability to adjust the harmonisation between 3 and 4 semitones. 

3 minutes ago, bdickens said:

Just play the melody in one pass and the harmony in another. Requires 0 downloads and 0 minutes of editing. Sounds 1000 times better.

D'ya know, I was so fixated originally on getting the sound "live" that I discarded  that solution, and after a while I came around to editing it in afterwards, and I totally blanked on this incredibly simple solution. Thank you, I feel like quite the numpty now :D 

On 11/4/2021 at 6:11 PM, John Vere said:

I’ve not tried it but I think my TC Voice Live pedal can create 4 parts. 

John , Thanks for mentioning that. I've got a TC Helicon Voiceworks that I Never use. Never even thought about using it with guitars. Might even come in handy for some octave up sparkle on acoustic. Harmony timing can be can be randomly offset.  May give this a try next song.  I totally agree with @bdickens about double tracking.  This is by far the best Sounding way.       ms