This Is All Abner's Fault.

freddy j

Here is another just for fun, lighthearted song.  I have borrowed from and combined a number of styles (blues, jump blues, swing combo's, etc.).  Specifically this comes from songs such as "Open The Door Richard" -- by a number of jump blues and big bands, "There'll Be No Next Time" -- by Sam Butera and Lois Prima, "Don't Start Me To Talkin'" -- by Sonny Boy Williamson II, several of the Coasters' (formerly Robins) songs, etc..  It is a bit rough and raw but hey, it's just for fun.

I hope it gives you a bit of a giggle and as always suggestions, comments, ideas, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks!

THIS  IS  ALL  ABNER'S  FAULT

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi freddy....put a smile or two on my face....reminds me of the great Dr. Demento....I don't know how many people here are old enough to remember him and all the classic comedy he brought to us....here is his website https://www.drdemento.com/

Check out songs Iike Pico and Sepulveda by Felix Figueroa and his Orchestra, Springtime for ***** by Mel Brooks, Wet Dream by Kip Addotta, Transfusion by Nervous Norvus and They're Coming to Take Me Away by Napoleon XIV....by all means....carry on 🎼🎸🥁🎹

Edited by Larry T.
Clarity.
  • Like 1

Been There ..   I Loved it !    I think the backing "It's all Abner's fault" needs a Lot more "highs". It's a hook that Really needs to be in the forefront. I also think the main narrative vocal needs a little less effect on it with a longer pre delay putting it more forward in the mix  ,  like I'm hearing you Directly in front of me.  I can't believe how well you did all the narrative parts .  So convincing and on time.   This is now my Favorite of All your songs.     Great Job ..       mark

• Like 1

Hey Larry T.  Yes I do remember Dr. Demento and I used to enjoy listening to him!  Thanks for the link!  I will certainly give a listen to your suggestions.  Thanks also for taking the time to listen to this song and for your comments.

Hi Douglas.  I appreciate your kind comments.  I'm glad that you enjoyed it.  I did indeed use just a bit of delay (my trusty Boss Digital Delay DD-5) on the vocals.  I though they could use a wee bit of help.  Thanks again.

Hey Walt.  First of all let me say that I was really impressed with the recent post by Tom and you.  Excellent work!  I am glad that you may have gotten a giggle out of this song.  Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to comment!

Hi Antler.  Thank you.  I appreciate the kind words and your taking the time to listen!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go looking for this song.  Due to home repairs, Dr.'s appointments, etc., it has been a while since I have been able to get on the forum.  Sorry for the delay in responding.

Hey Mark.  Your suggestions concerning the vocal are appreciated  (particularly the BGV's) and will be on the agenda when I can get to the re-mix.  Thanks for the help and the very kind comments.  I am very glad that you liked it.  One never knows how a "novelty" song will work.

Hi David.  Thanks very much for listening and your very kind comments.  They are much appreciated.  BTW -- 'gators -- the big ones have always been around.  I think that the main reason that we are seeing so many of them is that their habitat is being filled and built on.  They have no where else to go but closer to people. 

Hey Wookiee.  Thanks for listening and I am glad that you liked it.  BTW, I just got done with listening to your recent post and really like it.  It is Icy cool!

Hi tom.  Thank you very much and thanks for the thumbs.  I'm glad that you liked it pal!

Hi Steve.  Thanks for listening and the comments.  You are most kind.  I'm glad that you liked it.

Hey Jack C.  Thanks soooo very much.  I appreciate your listening to it and for your kind comments.

Hey Lynn.  Thanks for listening and the kind words.  I have a new external drive that I'm now starting to use to save working files.  BTW - I just gave your new post a listen and wow!  Excellent my friend!

Hi Bjorn!  Thanks very much Bjorn.  I very much appreciate the kind words.  I was not sure how a novelty song would be accepted.  Transfusion by Nervous Norvus is one of my all time favourites.  I was briefly in touch with a guy in the UK who formed a company named in honour of Mr. "Norvus" called Nervous Records UK.  I guess Nervous ( I  hope he doesn't mind being called by his given name) had an impact on more people than I thought!.?  Thank you again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...