XLN Online Installer Updated

cclarry

10 hours ago, simon said:

a shock update to AD2 as well !

I have AD2 and AK installed, but haven't used them in a long time. I HATE the way XLN insists on installing everything (AAX and 32-bit, neither of which I would ever use), and then claims the AD2 and AK installs need to be repaired when I manually delete the AAX and 32-bit files.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I HATE the way XLN insists on installing everything (AAX and 32-bit, neither of which I would ever use), and then claims the AD2 and AK installs need to be repaired when I manually delete the AAX and 32-bit files.

Agree. Plus I failed to find any changelog to see whether I really should update or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

WTH! Ran the XLN Installer, it updated, went off the screen to restart,it showed up for a half a second, and DISAPPEARED! NOW IT WON'T RUN AT ALL!

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Did it just go-away or do you have a hollow dialog box?

I just had an experience with it not updating correctly . . . had to contact  support.   Try installing the update again.

Syphus

My installer update crapped out big time!!!

Thankfully , support contacted me back and after about 10 hours total of troubleshooting and nasty talk I finally got the installer working again. But Addictive Drums  2 is still hosed.

Hendrick at XLN  emailed me back and forth for I know 3 hours. He was extremely helpful and patient with me. I tip my hat to him. 

I have uninstalled AD2 for the time being. I will not miss it much as I use Superior Drummer 3 mostly. I may try another wack at it when I have the time. 

Btw, the fix came down to having to go to Program Files and the Program Data folder, locating the XLN Audio folders. In there is the Online Installer folder. Delete that folder and download the latest Online Installer file from XLN. Now install the new file and it should install no problem!! 

I wish you luck if you are having trouble like this.  My last 2 days have been rough!

Edited by Sidney Earl Goodroe
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 1