90% Off Diamond Symphonic Orchestra by Kirk Hunter Studios

Audio Plugin Deals

For just $49.99 (normally $499.99), get the massive Diamond Symphonic Orchestra – a full orchestra library with 4 section sizes by Kirk Hunter Studios!

Weighing in at a massive 45GB, this library sounds very realistic and doesn’t sound artificially clean – an effect that Kirk Hunter has cultivated very carefully. This is a great sounding orchestra and it has solo string programs to die for!

The “Diamond Symphonic Orchestra” library covers all the standard orchestral instruments, with very large “Concert” string sections (36 tutti vns, 18 1sts, 18 2nds,10 vas, 9 vcs, 6 bss), large “Symphonic” Strings (24 tutti vns, 10 1sts, 10 2nds, 16 vas, 12 vcs, 6 bss), (smaller “Studio” string sections (9-9-6-5-3), and both chamber (4-4-3-2) and solo strings.

Only available for 2 weeks and will no longer be sold anywhere online after this deal ends. This is a limited-time offer you should not miss, hurry and save!

AVAILABLE IN EXS24 AND KONTAKT FORMATS. Requires Kontakt 5.7.1 – or newer. Must be the FULL version of Kontakt, not the free player version.

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals/diamond-symphonic-orchestra-by-kirk-hunter-studios/
Deal ends on November 17th, 2021 at midnight eastern time.

KEY FEATURES

• 45GB disk space required
  • Includes TVEC2, TVEC3 and TVEC4 Instruments
  • Kontakt 5.7.1 – or newer. Must be the FULL version of Kontakt, not the free player version.
  • Older TVEC2 instruments DO NOT run in Kontakt 6
  • This library does NOT require the “Add Library” or authorization process.
  • Once these libraries are discontinued, their download links will no longer be available so PLEASE make a backup after you download.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fleer said:

Used to be 70GB ;)

80 GB, actually. And over 100 zip files to download, I hear (now it's only 40 rar files).

I can't say it raised my confidence in the quality of this library when Kirk Hunter posted a YouTube comment saying: "We recently found a lot of duplicate samples and managed to strip it down to 45GB". I can understand a dozen or so duplicates, but 35 gigabytes? How do you NOT notice something like that straight away?

I'm going to grab this anyway, because I'd rather regret buying it than not buying it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

80 GB, actually. And over 100 zip files to download, I hear (now it's only 40 rar files).

I can't say it raised my confidence in the quality of this library when Kirk Hunter posted a YouTube comment saying: "We recently found a lot of duplicate samples and managed to strip it down to 45GB". I can understand a dozen or so duplicates, but 35 gigabytes? How do you NOT notice something like that straight away?

I'm going to grab this anyway, because I'd rather regret buying it than not buying it.

There was a discussion over at VI Control that this was a good update and the library is better for it. They do seem to like its specific sound for layering. 

• Like 1

The main reason it got smaller was they switched to using the NI Kontakt compressed format.  Before then all the samples were uncompressed.  You could actually compress the old version yourself (thought it took a while), I know because I did it.  There was a long period before they started offering the updated and compressed version directly.

• Like 3

On 11/4/2021 at 8:25 AM, Pseudopop said:

It might be worth the money, but is it worth the 45 gigabytes it would occupy on my SSD?

I was considering this, as it really is a great deal. I reckoned I'd have room for it after I'd deleted Kirk Hunter Concert Strings. Then I realized that this is basically Concert Strings with some added instruments that aren't as good as the strings. Oh well.

I'd still recommend this one if you don't already have an orchestral library. Yes, it's old and soon to be retired. But it sounds great and has a good selection of articulations.

When I said Diamond is basically Concert Strings+, I should have said specifically "Concert Strings 2", which is what I have. I have not used CS3.

My impression of CS3 vs. CS2/Diamond is that the former sounds better overall and adds a couple articulations (but loses at least one, the Bartok Pizzicato doesn't seem to be there anymore).  It gives you more tweakable settings for each articulation. It has a somewhat simpler UI. It also addresses an issue I've had with CS2, which is that it's much better at slow articulations than fast ones. My solution has been layering solo instruments from other vendors over CS2 to clarify the melody. It seems likely that CS3 would eliminate that need.

In either case, I'd only recommend this kind of library if you intend to dive deep into some serious orchestration. If you just want nice-sounding strings behind pop/rock songs, there are cheaper and simpler products for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

In either case, I'd only recommend this kind of library if you intend to dive deep into some serious orchestration. If you just want nice-sounding strings behind pop/rock songs, there are cheaper and simpler products for that.

Recommendations, please?