Your BF Strategy/Wishlist

Magic Russ

I really want Omnisphere but knows it never goes on BF sale (Or any sale?). Whats a good strategy for getting it cheaper over BF (I'm in UK), would Time+Space have coupon codes over their whole site or something? 

By the way guyz , since i know some extremly valuable feedback i get around here , my ears stopped around the Hofner Beat bass / club bass .... or yamaha basses for more all around capcaities , but main that Hofner sound is just on point , any users around ?

12 hours ago, tom said:

I really want Omnisphere but knows it never goes on BF sale (Or any sale?). Whats a good strategy for getting it cheaper over BF (I'm in UK), would Time+Space have coupon codes over their whole site or something? 

T&S 20% anything coupon is your best chance at a significant reduction these days unless you happen to have a local supplier with boxed stock and a willingness to have a deal, but if there's a pattern to why/when T&S give them out, I've never noticed it. Opening a new account might be worth a try as IIRC they used to give you discount points or something, but nowhere near equivalent to 20%.

FWIW Omnisphere is worth every penny IMO and the fact that you know that you won't see it reduced by 50% the week after you bought it is at least of some comfort when buying. The recent (overpriced) expansion packs seem to suggest that they are going down that route, at least for a while, rather than releasing a v3 any time soon, but I guess that will depend on how many are prepared to fork out for the expensive preset packs.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

T&S 20% anything coupon is your best chance at a significant reduction these days unless you happen to have a local supplier with boxed stock and a willingness to have a deal, but if there's a pattern to why/when T&S give them out, I've never noticed it. Opening a new account might be worth a try as IIRC they used to give you discount points or something, but nowhere near equivalent to 20%.

FWIW Omnisphere is worth every penny IMO and the fact that you know that you won't see it reduced by 50% the week after you bought it is at least of some comfort when buying. The recent (overpriced) expansion packs seem to suggest that they are going down that route, at least for a while, rather than releasing a v3 any time soon, but I guess that will depend on how many are prepared to fork out for the expensive preset packs.

Hey Paulo, thanks that's a great tip, Shame it's not a black friday deal kind of offer but may wait for it. I have an Andromeda A6 Synth which looks like it would pair beautifully with Omnisphere. I'm not sure I can hold out too much longer!

48 minutes ago, tom said:

Hey Paulo, thanks that's a great tip, Shame it's not a black friday deal kind of offer but may wait for it. I have an Andromeda A6 Synth which looks like it would pair beautifully with Omnisphere. I'm not sure I can hold out too much longer!

I guess BF is close enough that it can't hurt to wait and see if T&S do come up with anything. I hope that when you do get it that it's everything you expected/hoped for. For me It's hard to imagine that a synth guy could be disappointed.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

My goal is to keep so busy doing my sales post that I don't have time to buy anything.  It's never worked before, but there's always hope. 

I thought you'd mentioned that you weren't doing your sales post this year - great news if you are .....

• Like 1

I just saw Tiger the Frog's Black Friday / November sales thread at VI Control. My strategy should be to avoid that thread at all costs -- because those are a lot of costs when you add them up. Seriously though, my plan is to not spend more than $100 USD on music software related purchases for the rest of the year. I'm sure I'll end up looking back at this post at the end of the month and saying, "Well, the best laid plans...:" 

• Like 3

Each year I keep an Excel spreadsheet (a tab for each year within the Excel file) for the music gear I buy. I definitely have noticed a decline in what I buy over the years. I set myself a budget each year. It helps to curb any overspending. This year not spent very much.

Edited by Mark Stow
  • Great Idea 2

37 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I just saw Tiger the Frog's Black Friday / November sales thread at VI Control. My strategy should be to avoid that thread at all costs -- because those are a lot of costs when you add them up. Seriously though, my plan is to not spend more than $100 USD on music software related purchases for the rest of the year. I'm sure I'll end up looking back at this post at the end of the month and saying, "Well, the best laid plans...:" 

My plan is to not look back at posts like this. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, tom said:

Looks like it's currently 15% off at Musicians Friend. 

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/spectrasonics-omnisphere-2/j20206000000000?rNtt=omnisphere&index=1

Edited by rsinger
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fleer said:

VPN is your friend. But I’m afraid they may limit delivery to US addresses. 

Ah ok thanks

EDIT: Yeah VPN worked to access site but no dice shipping to UK. Actually even with 15% discount code its $445 only £10/$15 cheaper than standard UK price of £339 for it and I have some loyalty points at T&S thats gives me the edge. Thanks for the tips though everyone!

Edited by tom

10 hours ago, Mark Stow said:

Each year I keep an Excel spreadsheet (a tab for each year within the Excel file) for the music gear I buy. I definitely have noticed a decline in what I buy over the years. I set myself a budget each year. It helps to curb any overspending. This year not spent very much.

I do this exact same thing.  I have different tabs for Kontakt Instruments, VSTis, Effects, etc.  I certainly helps keep me honest on what I buy (or don't need to buy).   Its been a great help to me.

• Great Idea 1