Your BF Strategy/Wishlist

Magic Russ

My strategy is pretty much the same as previous years

• Pick up a few SynthMaster presets in the November sale
  • Get whatever EZ Keys module is going for $29 this year.  Same for the EZKeys Midi packs that have been on sale for $10.
  • Look to see if there is a good deal on the AAS Modular synth.
  • Get all the freebies which sound useful, in particular the ones from Arturia, NI, and the annual free soundpack from AAS.
  • Skip the freebies which duplicate stuff I already have.
  • Remind myself I already have more than I need, in fact more than I could have dreamed of having when I was starting out.
  • And I am not going to buy another delay, compressor, or eq.  
  • Look at my PayPal account and reassure myself I didn't go that much farther over budget than I expected.

As for wishlists:

• I really would have liked EZ Bass to have come down a bit more.
Edited by Magic Russ
  • Like 3

After the IKM group buy, with multiple buy ins I would sound like a crazy person wanting more plugins.  

That said, I've already got others since the sale and no doubt I won't be able to resist another deal that comes along.

Honestly if the IK plugs were more recource efficient, I'd be less prone to look around.  

OP mentions of AAS freebie and $10midi from Toonrack are in my list assuming the MIDI is one I have any interest in.

Will likely grab the free waves whatever and then never use it.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I'd be in for an upgrade to Kilohearts Toolbox Ultimate on BF if it comes in at 50% off or more.  I'd also buy Unify if it is at standard price or lower and bundled with a sound pack or two.  Otherwise, likely nothing.

I don't understand Melda's sale.  All it is is a consolidated version of the standard Eternal Madness sale.  Not really a draw when others have less standard, more time-limited deals.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Like 1

My goal is to keep so busy doing my sales post that I don't have time to buy anything.  It's never worked before, but there's always hope. 

It is true that over the years I have bought so much crap that the wishlist gets smaller.

One thing I'm looking at is the V Collection.  I haven't updated mine since 2016, so if the update is $100 I will finally do it. 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

I'd be in for an upgrade to Kilohearts Toolbox Ultimate on BF if it comes in at 50% off or more.  I'd also buy Unify if it is at standard price or lower and bundled with a sound pack or two.  Otherwise, likely nothing.

I don't understand Melda's sale.  All it is is a consolidated version of the standard Eternal Madness sale.  Not really a draw when others have less standard, more time-limited deals.

Melda's deal is a great BF one IF you are a new user and add on a refferal code (mine:  MELDA31209027)

As that means you can pile on a bunch of 50% off stuff and then add another 20% off of that.  For establised users, I agree without some type of dynamic discount not as much incentive or extra special deals.