Steven Slate Drums, Trigger 2 Platinum

cclarry

Up to 67% off Steven Slate Drums, Trigger 2 Platinum, and all expansions, now $49 each or $99 for SSD5:
Extra discount with code FORUM at JRR

https://www.jrrshop.com/steven-slate-drums?dir=asc&order=name

Steven Slate Blackbird Studios Drums Expansion for SSD $49
Steven Slate Blackbird Studios Drums Expansion for Trigger $49
Steven Slate CLA Expansion for SSD $49
Steven Slate CLA Expansion for Trigger $49
Steven Slate David Bendeth Drums Expansion for SSD $49
Steven Slate David Bendeth Drums Expansion for Trigger $49
Steven Slate Drums 5 SSD5 $99
Steven Slate Drums Deluxe Expansion for Trigger $49
Steven Slate Terry Date Drums Expansion for SSD $49
Steven Slate Terry Date Drums Expansion for Trigger $49
Steven Slate Trigger 2 Platinum $49

Edited by cclarry

On 11/3/2021 at 4:56 AM, bluzdog said:

Warning Will Robinson........... an iLok dongle is required for Slate perpetual licenses. The wife may get pithed off when she finds out!

Actually, an iLok dongle is not required. Steven Slate products do use iLok, but they can use a dongle or a machine id. 

Edited by Doug Rintoul

51 minutes ago, cclarry said:

iLok works without the dongle if the Dev supports it...all you need is the Manager Software

That screen shot is from my iLok manager. The only Slate product I have that offers software ( non-dongle ) authorization is Trigger 2. I would be a happy camper if I could do away with the dongle all together.

3 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

That screen shot is from my iLok manager. The only Slate product I have that offers software ( non-dongle ) authorization is Trigger 2. I would be a happy camper if I could do away with the dongle all together.

From their Website

iLok Requirements

The All Access Pass can be used with iLok Cloud and does not require an iLok USB dongle. You will just need an active internet connection to use iLok Cloud.

Perpetual "Buy Now" individual plugin licenses require an iLok 2 or iLok 3 USB dongle.

So, yes, you are correct...the perpetual licenses DO require an iLok Dongle

Is it still the case that all Slate Drums, expansions and Trigger licenses are perpetual?

IIRC they're confusingly not in "All" Access, but some third-party products are. Someone mentioned to me that "Slate Digital" and "Steven Slate Drums" are separate or something?

25 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

Is it still the case that all Slate Drums, expansions and Trigger licenses are perpetual?

IIRC they're confusingly not in "All" Access, but some third-party products are. Someone mentioned to me that "Slate Digital" and "Steven Slate Drums" are separate or something?

Yes...Slate Digital, and Slate Drums, are two separate entities of the same company

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

From their Website

iLok Requirements

The All Access Pass can be used with iLok Cloud and does not require an iLok USB dongle. You will just need an active internet connection to use iLok Cloud.

Perpetual "Buy Now" individual plugin licenses require an iLok 2 or iLok 3 USB dongle.

So, yes, you are correct...the perpetual licenses DO require an iLok Dongle

I thought this thread was about Steven Slate Drums. From https://stevenslatedrums.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033680113-SSD5-5-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Q: Does SSD5.5 use iLok? 
A: A physical iLok USB dongle is not required to use the plugin. An iLok ID is required. If you do not have an iLok ID, please make one here: https://www.ilok.com/#!registration 

SSD5.5 can be activated to an iLok 2 or 3 dongle or Machine (computer) within the iLok License Manager app. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I thought this thread was about Steven Slate Drums. From https://stevenslatedrums.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033680113-SSD5-5-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Q: Does SSD5.5 use iLok? 
A: A physical iLok USB dongle is not required to use the plugin. An iLok ID is required. If you do not have an iLok ID, please make one here: https://www.ilok.com/#!registration 

SSD5.5 can be activated to an iLok 2 or 3 dongle or Machine (computer) within the iLok License Manager app. 

The question was about iLok for Slate Plugins...the fact that Slate Drums is separate from Slate
Digital is most likely the reason that "Drums" can use "Soft iLok", whereas perpetual plugins cannot

For what it's worth, I was kind of being a smart ***** because of another thread. You are correct that Slate Digital Trigger 2 and  Steven Slate Drums 5 will both run without a dongle. I'm also a little bitter and feel like Slate abandoned long time perpetual users by not updating all of their plugins to machine authorization. I'm anti-subscription and won't be buying any more Slate products that require a dongle.

• Like 2