Native Instruments Play Series "Stacks"

cclarry

INTRODUCING STACKS

STACKS packs the building blocks of cult 2000s hip-hop into a Play Series instrument piled high with horns, synths, keys, live bass, glocks, organs, and more. From wonky west-coast lines to freewheeling funk and everything in-between, play, tweak, and create collages of unmistakable underground beats.

$49

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/play-series/stacks/

Edited by cclarry

I smell crap like the maschine expansion became ... so called sound designer using same ol samples stacking liteeraly douzebn of fx and call it a packs m.. tired of having to bypass each fx , reballance kits and all that , what a diff between early expansions or goldbaby samples (that everybody used for expansions after by the way ) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zo said:

I smell crap like the maschine expansion became ... so called sound designer using same ol samples stacking liteeraly douzebn of fx and call it a packs m.. tired of having to bypass each fx , reballance kits and all that , what a diff between early expansions or goldbaby samples (that everybody used for expansions after by the way ) 

I totally agree. There have not been any good expansions in a long time. I think the last one that I truly liked was the one IRRUPT  did. Distict Xeo. I get the impression NI are positioning Maschine more towards the hip-hop / Lo-Fi market. I guess it's okay if that's your genre.

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I totally agree. There have not been any good expansions in a long time. I think the last one that I truly liked was the one IRRUPT  did. Distict Xeo. I get the impression NI are positioning Maschine more towards the hip-hop / Lo-Fi market. I guess it's okay if that's your genre.

Even so , getting regular drums putting ni lofi and cab fx isn t what i call lofi , half of those lofi dudes don t even know what s lofi , it all started with sampler more specifically , the sp1200 ... we used to record fast speed to have some room left in memory , low resolution , slowing down after, and you re basically lower even more the sample rate ... 

i loaded havoc kits today : zero fx on sample and group , the guy is just one of the dopest producer around brooklin (mobb deep) ... now watch what they release ... i don t even go in details cause it gonna be dirty lol 

• Like 3

On 11/2/2021 at 11:31 PM, Zo said:

Even so , getting regular drums putting ni lofi and cab fx isn t what i call lofi , half of those lofi dudes don t even know what s lofi , it all started with sampler more specifically , the sp1200 ... we used to record fast speed to have some room left in memory , low resolution , slowing down after, and you re basically lower even more the sample rate ... 

i loaded havoc kits today : zero fx on sample and group , the guy is just one of the dopest producer around brooklin (mobb deep) ... now watch what they release ... i don t even go in details cause it gonna be dirty lol 

re: lofi, what do you mean? what is your definition of LoFi? Just curious.

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

re: lofi, what do you mean? what is your definition of LoFi? Just curious.

it's just a production technique linked to tools  .... samplers in that case , this gave a sound , and at that time , vinyl's were the kontakt librarries lol 

It's a sonic esthetic , now they associate this to jazzy boom bap music while lofi was from Wu tang , to ultra magnetic mc's , from Dr dre to Pete rock and Cl smooth , of course J Dilla used it as well as other jazzy goups (Tribe called quest ect ..)  but for me it's a way of displaying sound integrety , smooth high , dense mid , controlled lows .

In fact the sp 1200 had several output , some super clean ,smooth filtered and some super filtred  add to this built in 12 bits 27khz sample rates options and you'll have a lot of diff flavors ....

In the end what they call lofi very restrictivly style wise , is what we call early hip hop days  ! and it stayed because producers have ears !

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

One of my favs. Especially the Gulbenkian museum. And Jeronimo of course. For the pasteis ;)

Never been there , would love .... wife kept asking me but i'm more a spain guy !!  

By the way i need to finish mixing and will post my Lofi Album ;) already working on another one , hence my need to play bass (real) , on that subject i'm really thinking of getting an Hofner one ...stage or violin , those sounds like i love ....round , full , and balanced , never agressiv 

6 hours ago, Zo said:

by the way what they call lofi today (witch i love and listen to quite often)

This is cool. I don't usually listen to this type of music, so this could be a naïve statement but - I find it strange that this is classified as lofi. The drums have been rounded off with a low pass, and there's some low level crackliness, but the instruments themselves are actually quite high-fi and pristine sounding; they have a mellow tone, but you can still hear all the highs.

40 minutes ago, antler said:

This is cool. I don't usually listen to this type of music, so this could be a naïve statement but - I find it strange that this is classified as lofi. The drums have been rounded off with a low pass, and there's some low level crackliness, but the instruments themselves are actually quite high-fi and pristine sounding; they have a mellow tone, but you can still hear all the highs.

yep of course , but listen to modern production now and your ears gonna bleed lol ... at least mine do 

Again today's def of Lofi is more style focused that real sound quality ;)

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I like it all. LoFi. Chillstep. D&B, Futurestep . It's good to get into new genres . Keeps me young. 

Yep , i simply call it "nostaligic" vibe , because there a "regard" toward the past mainly ....

• Like 1