XMAS RAIN DROPS

Supa Reels

7 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, I like it. Very playful sliding notes. Has that distinctive Xmas music sound starting ~0:50.
Fun project.
-Bjorn

Thankyou Bjorn, I know it's not really worthy but I'm glad you realise it was a bit of fun with this NI freebee.

Stay well

Steve

2 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi SupaReels,

A fun and imaginative track which I enjoyed very much, it is amazing how sounds and technology have come on since my youth.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Hi Paul,

Yep, I'm with you on the tech side, it's not really my thing to do instrumentals with only synths .. just seems too easy to produce and there sooo  many arps and triggers and weird & wacky samples now I think the old ways are missed by my 70 year old ears ...Thankfully there are some great musicians and songwriters here on this site which I'm humbled by. Their skill in playing proper instruments and writing lyrics is never lost on me ...  Like 'If  I Never' as an example of both types using old and new ideas when writing a good song, that does for it me as a ( 2nd rate ) singer/songwriter xD   thanks for the listen and comment.

ATB

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 8:30 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Now I'm in the holiday mood!  For fun, you might try dropping the synth playing the low notes down an octave, but it might destroy the mood.  Just a thought.  Good luck in the competition!

You know what mate, although that IS a great idea I was just doing this to try out their 25  years thingy. I kinda don't get instrumentals with synths , kinda easy'ish to achieve,  feeling what you do is much harder that, and takes soo much more effort to mix and create. I love lyrics mixed with different sounds .. each to his own I suppose. But I did my best with this and I think I got the Xmas feeling I wanted ... so thankyou for your blessing and your ears.

Stay well my friend and ATB

Steve 

22 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed this, brought me back to Wendy Carlos/ Mannheim Steamroller.

That is the best compliment I have ever had .. she is old now and although I'm seventy I'd forgotten her input synth wise. Many thanks for listening and the informed comment ... I'm off to write a film score now ⏱️🟡 

ATB

Steve

Agreed, there are a lot of synth sounds and it seems 'Am' is the note of choice .. I am not a great fan of instrumentals for that reason, although they are a necessary tool in all genres and I do use them an awful lot ( the BBC string section wouldn't fit in my toy room ). Your comments mean a great deal to me so many thanks.

ATB

Steve