Request

Xoo

7 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Regarding Kontakt, you can probably assume full Kontakt is required unless otherwise stated.

I have noticed that Kontakt Player compatible titles usually have big, bold, headlines "Works with Kontakt Player". Otherwise small print says "full Kontakt only".

• Like 5

Somehow I knew which way this was gonna go.............

Maybe Larry could record himself reading out the deals each day and post them in audio format to save anybody having to read the words themselves? That seems reasonable, right?

Bedtime with Lars........float off to dreamland as Larry's dulcet tones inform you of all the latest deals and pretend deals from APD. Just hope that IK didn't upset him that day or it'll be more like an alarm clock. 😀

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, abacab said:

LOL! 😂

You never know......he could be a regular Eli Krantzberg for all I know.....that guy's voice is so soothing that I've never made it to the end of a tutorial.

Then again, he may have a voice with all the charm and charisma of a chain-smoking, drunken Boston stevedore with a sore throat...

Only one way to find out......😀

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, abacab said:

You should probably add these publishers to your blacklist then, and don't bother looking into them. I have these activated in my iLok account:

• AIR Music
  • Akai
  • Eventide
  • Exponential Audio
  • Metric Halo
  • Softube
  • SONiVOX
  • UVI

Good luck!

@Kevin Perry

Off the top of my head, I think add these to the exclusion list too (at least for their flagship plugins):

• Ample Sound (Chinese instrument series only)
  • Heavyocity (flagship plugins)
  • Krotos
  • Liquid Sonics
  • Slate Digital
  • Sonnox

For Eventide substitutes: have a look at Polyverse Comet, not quite a versatile, but very good nonetheless; Tritik Irid; and Valhalla's reverbs. For Exponential Audio, consider iZotope's Neoverb, and FabFilter's Pro-R.

Edited by antler
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, antler said:

@Kevin Perry

Off the top of my head, I think add these to the exclusion list too (at least for their flagship plugins):

• Ample Sound (Chinese instrument series only)
  • Heavyocity (flagship plugins)
  • Krotos
  • Liquid Sonics
  • Slate Digital
  • Sonnox

For Eventide substitutes: have a look at Polyverse Comet, not quite a versatile, but very good nonetheless; Tritik Irid; and Valhalla's reverbs. For Exponential Audio, consider iZotope's Neoverb, and FabFilter's Pro-R.

Ample Sound doesn't use iLok...it's machine authorization
Heavyocity uses Machine Authorization  also

The rest are iLok...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

Ample Sound doesn't use iLok...it's machine authorization
Heavyocity uses Machine Authorization  also

The rest are iLok...

He did say that Ample Sound has it for the Chinese instrument series only, which is true.

If I click through a Kontakt instrument post and find that it requires full Kontakt, I just reply with "RFK." I consider it doing my part to provide more information for all.

I'm fine with iLok, I use both a physical dongle and machine authorization with no hassles. The physical dongle is a great convenience when working on multiple systems. So if someone else is an iLok phobe, it's up to them to raise the alarm.