Request

Xoo

When someone posts a deal, could they state whether the product needs an iLok dongle or account so that I, and probably others, don't go down a rabbit hole only to find the product does and it's a non-starter?

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

I've stated this before, so I'll state it again...

Please don't ask OTHERS to do YOUR legwork...
They are already posting the deals, so you ALSO want them
to do the work to check and see if it's compatible with YOUR
system?  SERIOUSLY?

If the deal interests you, then YOU need to do the research and find out if it's compatible
with YOUR system - or something you'd want -  NOT the person posting the deal.
It only takes a few seconds to click through and check "System Requirements"!

We do such things as a courtesy most of the time, and I get that this is only a request,
but we need to "think things through thoroughly"!  Sometimes the OP may just be too busy to 
do YOUR homework for you.

I'm not trying to be mean...just LOGICAL

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 21
  • Great Idea 2

Just another quick word...

I've had this same conversation over "Full Kontakt" and "Kontakt Player" in the posts...
I do it, when I can, as a courtesy, and I fully understand the request, but people also
need to understand that the OP's time is JUST AS VALUABLE as anyone else's time!

When I post, I try to verify this, and put it in the post, and iLok, but not always...as sometimes my time
is constrained.  If others want to post that info, because they actually DID do the homework, that IS helpful,
and to them I give thanx for taking THEIR time to do it!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Full Kontakt is a fairly big deal since it requires a hefty investment to get in the door.

ilok is annoying but most don't require physical dongles any longer.  But most won't authorize to more than 2 machines at a time.  

Always appreciate knowing what I'm getting into on a deal.

Exponential Audio requireing iLok and only giving you 1 single authorization can be a deal breaker for some.  I know I picked up two seats for a number of plugins to get what I need.  And now try to even avoid using them with the other options I have, though they are really good sounding.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

ilok is annoying but most don't require physical dongles any longer.  But most won't authorize to more than 2 machines at a time.  

2 machines is enough for me. But that 1 single authorization for some is ridiculous, such as with Exponential! That's the most annoying thing about Waves plugins.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

.......and could I get a notification if the deal is certain to ***** the wife? 😆

edit: I guess I should have phrased the different so " certain to make the wife angry"

Agreed - iLok requirements are no problem,  but an  iWife joint checking account can really get in the way of an absolutely necessary perfectly reasonable purchase.

Edited by Scott H
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, abacab said:

2 machines is enough for me. But that 1 single authorization for some is ridiculous, such as with Exponential! That's the most annoying thing about Waves plugins.

Hate that about Waves too, but it is a toss up for me between that and the unreliable installs and system breaks, WUP practices, and single authorization....they are all bad.

Very happy this place lead me to deals with other plugin makers, I feel happier now.  But regretful of all the waves "deals" I jumpped on that are now basically worthless.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fleer said:

WUP is ******* ****

Knowing how fond Fleer is of WUP my guess for the character substitution is
"mothers love"
cuz I know how much Fleer loves those mothers in Waves marketing dept.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Haha 4

Can we just add requests to this thread? If so, I'd like a tall latte. 

Seriously, no offense to the original poster, but step back. If you're not paying people, it's over the top to demand people do the basic product research we all can easily do for ourselves. If you want an assistant, hire an assistant. But you're going to have to pay that assistant to work for you.  Otherwise, just click on a link for the product you find of interest and take a few minutes to read. It's really not all that hard to do for yourself instead of expecting others to do it for you. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

When someone posts a deal, could they state whether the product needs an iLok dongle or account so that I, and probably others, don't go down a rabbit hole only to find the product does and it's a non-starter?

Request (not a demand) noted.  I forget to do this when I post (often) because I'm generally cool with iLok but I'll try to remember in the future.  

Same with Kontakt (if known).  

Same with plug in type; aax, vst only, etc (if known).  

And same with listing the price in the topic.  This is important for future searches to see the best previous price.  

Or how long the deal is for (if known).

I appreciate it when people post additional info, but understand if they don't.  Besides, I'll post a deal, and cclarry will come along and let me know he already posted it a day before and it was cheaper on JRRSHOP with code GROUP, FORUM, GROUPAUTOBUY, or the like and then I feel like a chump, even if it's only 8¢ cheaper.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just another quick word...

I've had this same conversation over "Full Kontakt" and "Kontakt Player" in the posts...
I do it, when I can, as a courtesy, and I fully understand the request, but people also
need to understand that the OP's time is JUST AS VALUABLE as anyone else's time!

When I post, I try to verify this, and put it in the post, and iLok, but not always...as sometimes my time
is constrained.  If others want to post that info, because they actually DID do the homework, that IS helpful,
and to them I give thanx for taking THEIR time to do it!

Good to know. I have refrained to reply if i found out it was for Kontakt and didn't mention that in the post.

Assumed it was offending.

• Like 1