oh!

pwal³

I know it's just a stupid but of software but I truly feel like a friend or family member just died. 

We all know this is not going ti end well for the end users. It never has and never will.

And mark my words ... thjs will happen with Cakewalk by Bandlab. Yeah they can sit there and swear to God all day long it won't but money talks and b.s. walks.

Cakewalk will be sold too again some day so fast your head will spin. Anyone who says it won't is a liar.

I think Cakewalk is pretty safe with Ming.
He has proved it...  and not even charged a bean for the software which is in many instances above the fee payable DAWs.

Regarding money...  you can see the major magazines don't even mention Cakewalk anymore...  because its free???

43 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Regarding money...  you can see the major magazines don't even mention Cakewalk anymore...  because its free???

Yep, because nobody is paying the magazines to mention it.

That said, I think the lack of CW plug n play integration with the various midi controllers available also doesn't help CW to be recognised as one of the major players. I presume this is also a consequence of being free - ie lack of budget to tie in with controller manufacturers.

4 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I know it's just a stupid but of software but I truly feel like a friend or family member just died. 

We all know this is not going ti end well for the end users. It never has and never will.

And mark my words ... thjs will happen with Cakewalk by Bandlab. Yeah they can sit there and swear to God all day long it won't but money talks and b.s. walks.

Cakewalk will be sold too again some day so fast your head will spin. Anyone who says it won't is a liar.

Pure speculation

It will happen. None of these people are here to be your friend. They want your money. Stop treating them like your friend and giving them the benefit of doubt. It's not how the world ever worked or ever will IRT business.

Ming would take a check for several million and lock your free copy of Cakewalk so fast your head would spin and don't think for one second he wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

It will happen. None of these people are here to be your friend. They want your money. Stop treating them like your friend and giving them the benefit of doubt. It's not how the world ever worked or ever will IRT business.

Ming would take a check for several million and lock your free copy of Cakewalk so fast your head would spin and don't think for one second he wouldn't.

You don't know how much money they are making. If they weren't making money (filthy capitalist dogs*), they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.  

Stop worrying.   Be happy.

*That was a joke, I love capitalism, it is the best system by far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RobertWS said:

Stop worrying.   Be happy.

I am happy and I'm not worried. There are tons of options including hardware. I'm just pointing out that these companies and people behind them are not our friends and will do whatever benefits them financially with no regard for those emotionally attached to the product.

DAWs are pretty unique in that regard. We invest a lot of our lives in learning and using them and creating our 'masterpieces' with them. It is an emotional thing but only on our end. I truly believe based off historical proof that they don't give one damn about the end user. 

Just my opinion based off what I've seen over and over and over again the last 30 years or so.

This Fender thing has been a long time coming. I've seen an ad on youtube for Fender in ear monitors by Presonus from 5 years ago. This has been in the works a long time.

8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I'll be your friend Shane!  😉👍

(Just donate to my personal go-fund-me first... 😁😆)

• Haha 2