Fender To Acquire PreSonus Electronics

Barrie

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Don't forget...LIFETIME means THEIR lifetime...not yours...

Unfortunately neither.
Gibson CEO had a hamster named Cakewalk and when it passed (ate by his cat) it was time to move on...
We should be thankful we got as much time as we did, he was going give the name to his goldfish but once again that damn cat got to it first.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, PAL Music said:

I guess we will have to wait and see, but my first reaction was oh no not again.

I'm with ya.  When I read the article, I got a little knot in my stomach.   The hope I have right now is that Fender seems to be a very different company than Gibson.

• Like 1

I believe that Fender + PreSonus will offer a lot more combined than Gibson + Cakewalk ever did. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Cakewalk never really seemed to put much effort into hardware support after the Roland days. Hardware + DAW integration is what folks really want now.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 4

I hope the agreement includes a clause which deals with intellectual property in the event that things go south.

Of course there are Yamaha / Steinberg and Apple / Logic Pro - development has not suffered in those cases.

Edited by pbognar
  • Like 3

The wisest move they could make, IMO, is make Studio One either free (ala CbB) or priced down to the Reaper price point.

I pretty sure they cant ruin my FaderPort 16, maybe future models, but not the physical unit I own. 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, RSMcGuitar said:

I think making it free would just make people not take it seriously. Look how much you get from Cakewalk, but it isn't taken seriously by most people, for some reason.

If Studio One had not beat CbB to the punch with arranger and chord tracks CbB would probably still be my main DAW. Studio One just "fits" my workflow better, And to me, since Reaper's arranger flow fairly similar to  Studio One, I'd probably go to Reaper if Studio One is/was junked (highly unlikely IMO).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bapu said:

The wisest move they could make, IMO, is make Studio One either free (ala CbB) or priced down to the Reaper price point.

I pretty sure they cant ruin my FaderPort 16, maybe future models, but not the physical unit I own. 🙂 

I'm on Studio One and don't expect much change in their pricing, especially with Sphere subs going for $15/month. I can't remember the last time, if ever, that I heard the two words "Fender" and "free" used in the same sentence.

I have a Reaper license good through v7, but don't expect to ever use it again.

Edited by John Maar