"Pantheon for Rent" - with video, and Walt Collins on guitar

PhonoBrainer

Hello again! Some of you may remember a cat named Walt Collins, he used to hang out around these parts. Cerulean Sojourn. Arcanor. Anyway, he laid down some Floydian licks on this one - thanks Walt!

Would very much appreciate any mix or other comments, the cake may not be baked. Thanks for your time and thoughts!

or Soundcloud for the audio:

• Like 2

Thanks a lot, David! Appreciate it. IDK about "bezier" but I do know, I've never seen a sky that wouldn't look better "chroma-keyed"  :)

thanks for the listen and the watch!

4 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Wow, what a production.  I especially liked the jesus with antennae on his head.  it all jelled really well.   And all the great colors, what can I say?  Is that bezier masking?  I'm just starting to get into the video thing.

Tom, your video productions keep getting better and better. Your video fx are really creative, they go well with the music and most of all they're not excessive.
Some guy named Walt Collins left some nice comments on my Soundcloud page a while ago. Thanks Walt! Love the guitar work on this track. Very very nice.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Tom, your video productions keep getting better and better. Your video fx are really creative, they go well with the music and most of all they're not excessive.
Some guy named Walt Collins left some nice comments on my Soundcloud page a while ago. Thanks Walt! Love the guitar work on this track. Very very nice.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn! Walt has the touch all right.

Thanks also for the video comments, and its fair to say that if I really knew what I was doing with these video softwares, things would turn very excessive indeed! :) so best I remain unlearned.

I appreciate your observations!

Tom , there sure was a Lot to Like here!  I Loved the heavy intro , the keys came in perfect , and Great guitar playing and tone. The bluesy steel drum was very interesting as well as the acoustic guitar build up. All around fantastic production. Loved every second of it ..     mark

• Like 1

Hi Tom.
I haven't watched the video yet  (always listen first to the audio).
I am always impressed by your mixes (you have taught me a lot since I joined the site).
Your musical space awareness and balance is very impressive.
Loved the guitar Walt...

On 11/1/2021 at 6:34 AM, mark skinner said:

Tom , there sure was a Lot to Like here!  I Loved the heavy intro , the keys came in perfect , and Great guitar playing and tone. The bluesy steel drum was very interesting as well as the acoustic guitar build up. All around fantastic production. Loved every second of it ..     mark

Thanks Mark, I think the kitchen sink works because of Walt's guitar! Appreciate the comments.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:29 PM, antler said:

Hi Tom

Very creative video work! Cool tune - very diverse sonic palette, but well balanced. The mix sounds good to me.

Thanks, Antler! Appreciate the comment!

On 11/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, garybrun said:

Hi Tom.
I haven't watched the video yet  (always listen first to the audio).
I am always impressed by your mixes (you have taught me a lot since I joined the site).
Your musical space awareness and balance is very impressive.
Loved the guitar Walt...

Good deal, Gary. I'm a noob who is getting slightly better at getting mix lucky. Happy accidents all the time! Thanks for the listen and the comments . . .

Excellent work indeed. I have followed both of you at soundcloud for at least 6 years now, so I have a little insight of your qualities. Fantastic composition. The mix is very good. There are so many different parts so it must have been a lot of work to balance it all. I sometimes got a feeling the strings were to close or maybe to dry, but its a matter of taste and everything else is stellar. Great work!

• Like 1