My 4 track dreams have come true!

Shane_B.

Looky what I found on Facebook Marketplace. The guy had two. He also had the 6 channel 4 track version but I just needed this. His dad passed away and was selling off his stuff. McIntosh amps, tons of bass gear. Tons of midi gear. This is the first time using FB that someone didn't try to scam me.

In fact he got a little pissed and thought I was scamming him. I couldn't remember how it worked and he thought I was trying to say it was broke to get it cheaper. I told him to chill the hell out and give me a second because it was 30 years since I used one. Lol.  I didn't even argue in price. He only wanted $250.

Anyhoo. It found a good home and Ill never part with it. It was pretty cruddy but it works perfectly and there's no wear on the drive assembly. It's almost identical to my 8 Track. It even has double speed capability which my original Portastudio 2 didn't have. Now I can transfer and play with all my masters from the 80s. It's a different unit than I used but this is a better one and the speed and heads align so it's all good.

It was a  good day today. 👍

20211031_145424_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Happy for you Shane!

Thanks. I'm just waiting for Amazon to bring me some RCA to 1/4" cables now and I'll be able to get started transferring. I'm low on SSD space so I'll have to dig out my bundle of blank burnable DVD's. I don't think I ever opened them. Hah. I even have some blank 50G Blurays I think.

• 2 months later...

ha ha ha.. i used to have a 2 track of these. it almost burnt down my house. true story.. my brother in law was in my studio and i was showing him some stuff and he goes ahead and plugs the thing it to see if it will play one of his old Styx tapes. but he uses the wrong power adapter. leaves it plugged in and we go up to get food. an i start smelling burning plastic.i go down and its on fire.. LOL

10 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

ha ha ha.. i used to have a 2 track of these. it almost burnt down my house. true story.. my brother in law was in my studio and i was showing him some stuff and he goes ahead and plugs the thing it to see if it will play one of his old Styx tapes. but he uses the wrong power adapter. leaves it plugged in and we go up to get food. an i start smelling burning plastic.i go down and its on fire.. LOL

😮

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Good thing he wasn't trying to play this then!

• Haha 1