Delay to Sync Instruments

UCG Musician

Is there a way to delay the MIDI signals on a track or series of tracks by a small amount?  I use two MIDI instruments simultaneously.  One (a digital piano) responds to MIDI signals very quickly while the other (a MIDI organ) responds slightly more slowly.  In combination they are just a tad disjointed.  I tried using a delay/echo effect on one track on the digital piano to experiment but both the original MIDI played and a secondary MIDI played of the same thing at the delay increment.  I guess that what it's supposed to do.  Is there some method of syncing two MIDI devices that respond to signals differently?

Hello Scook,

Thank you for pointing this out.  I will try the technique and let you know how it worked.  I do not have access to the instruments all the time.  They're typically available only on weekends at church but as a musician I can work with the equipment during the week sometimes.

Randy

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to let you know (a little late) that I finally had a chance to tackle this issue and the technique worked.  After trial and error I found that adding a delay of 100 (milliseconds, perhaps?) to each track using the digital piano got it to sync very closely with the organ.  Thanks again for the advice!