USB Hub Recommendations

CoveCamper

Hey guys, I have a USB 3.0 Hub powered with 12 ports that has given me some problems with external USB drives. Sometimes you can hear a faint click in the drive and my DAW computer does not see the drive. It mostly happens when I have 3 external drives hooked up. These drives work fine when plugged in to one of the computer USB ports and work fine on other computers.Lately it has happened with only one external drive hooked up. The only other device hooked up is a Cubase Licenser.  I assume it is a power issue.

I'm looking for suggestions of a good sturdy and dependable powered Hub with at least 6 ports, USB 3.0. Of course, cheap as possible helps too. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, Zargg said:

Hi. Not sure where in the world you're located, but I got this a month or so ago, and I'm very pleased with it.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/swissonic_usb_hub_1916.htm

All the best.

Thanks for the reply Zargg, I'm in the US. I have ordered products from Thomann twice in the past. Both good experiences ( long wait times though ). This is the first rack mounted USB hub I've seen.  Will definitely look into it, although a little overkill and pricey for what I was thinking about.

• 1 month later...