msmcleod

ODeus ASIO Link now available free

49 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I'm using a first gen Scarlett as well. It seems to be getting worse lately... I hate how hard it is to verify. Is it software, drivers, DAW, OS? Who knows .. lol

Did you try to verify with this tool?

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I'm using a first gen Scarlett as well. It seems to be getting worse lately... I hate how hard it is to verify. Is it software, drivers, DAW, OS? Who knows .. lol

I have used my Focusrite 4i4 3rd gen with ODeus and it seems to have worked alright. My recent frustration is with trying to use the 4i4 with VB Audio Voicemeeter. Voicemeeter is very strict as to how it handles ASIO drivers and will not tolerate some ASIO driver, namely Focusrite. I have contacted Vincent who coded Voicemeeter and he confirms there are many issues with how the Focusrite drivers are written.

I tried using my PreSonus Studio 6|8 and things were a lot cleaner so I suspect it was indeed the Focusrite ASIO drivers. The 4i4 is a great interface but it seems to fall short in some specific use cases.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Focusrite stopped making drivers for 1st generation products which caused all those issues for me. That's when I decided to get IK's Axe I/O. 

Since the guitar is my main instrument, the Axe was a world of a difference compared to the 2i4. No latency and talk about the tonal improvement...can highly recommend it for guitarists or bassists. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I am trying to use OBS with my MOTU Ultralite MK 4 or RME Baby face or...
Is somebody successfully doing this? I want to broadcast through Cakewalk onto Facebook Live.

I have downloaded and installed ASIOLink Pro but don't see it showing up anywhere in my Cakewalk preference settings. I see ASIO, the name of my interface, and the ASIO panel to change the latency. What am I missing and is someone successfully streaming their DAW with OBS and Facebook, Youtube?

On 4/8/2020 at 6:00 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

Same thing here. I'm using 2nd gen Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on a fresh Dell Inspiron 15 (i7, 16GB RAM, SSD...) on a fresh Windows 10 installation and it is freezing the playback every so often. Not even using DAW or anything. LatencyMon says I should "turn off CPU Throttling" on BIOS (my Dell doesn't seem to have this option)... Everything was alright a few months ago, I think something screwed up pretty badly somewhere.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, Lucas P said:

Same thing here. I'm using 2nd gen Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on a fresh Dell Inspiron 15 (i7, 16GB RAM, SSD...) on a fresh Windows 10 installation and it is freezing the playback every so often. Not even using DAW or anything. LatencyMon says I should "turn off CPU Throttling" on BIOS (my Dell doesn't seem to have this option)... Everything was alright a few months ago, I think something screwed up pretty badly somewhere.

I used to have the same problem with an old m-audio, I passed it on to a mac user who has since had no problems with it.  The deal is simple.  The drivers need to be reinstalled and run in as if in win vista or 7.  The problems you are complaining of go back to a memory leak issue that windows 10 began with, that wasn't present in older versions.  Win8 also has the issue.  It's a memory locking that occurs to prevent datatheft.  Install the asio for your devices and the asio link in win7 mode, then make sure the apps only run in win7 mode.  They will still link with all win 10 apps, but they will use the older memory access modules that do not contain the watchdog.  I have had dropouts with new equipment as well, while using the link.  It was built for older memory access, and uses methods that today are often used by viruses to steal data and encrypt your system on the fly.  Install it in win 7 mode, then find any EXE's and set their compatibility to win 7 and run as admin.  Go to your antivirus and make sure you add the same exe's to the whitelisting, capable of accessing everything.  I had to do the same for some adobe software titles before they would function properly.

WOW, I bought these 6 years ago and ASIO4ALL is not a nightmare anymore. Suprisingly there's no product can replace it even today. And now it's FREE!...