Last Night's Gig, continued...

bitflipper

1 hour ago, paulo said:

In my experience it didn't like frozen synths very much.

Kind of makes sense though. If I had to do that I'd bounce the synth to an audio tracks, then see if the synth track and the MIDI comes over. I assume you meant Synth Track with a separate MIDI Track.

But come to think of it, I can imagine an Instrument Track might be even equally problematic (frozen or unfrozen). But again I never tried any of those kinds of projects, maybe I should dig some out and try it.

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

Kind of makes sense though. If I had to do that I'd bounce the synth to an audio tracks, then see if the synth track and the MIDI comes over. I assume you meant Synth Track with a separate MIDI Track.

But come to think of it, I can imagine an Instrument Track might be even equally problematic (frozen or unfrozen). But again I never tried any of those kinds of projects, maybe I should dig some out and try it.

Frozen synths in instrument tracks in my case.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Grem said:

@bitflipper Glad ya'll found somebody. Good luck.

Yeah I tend to be a pessimist when it comes to craigslist, but sometimes things can work out well using it. I just found a used van on there. The guy selling it posted pics of recent new engine work. My wife was convinced that for the price it was a sham. I went there to look at it and the guy was looking to move and had another vehicle so he didn't need it. It was a great bargain. No trouble from the van yet. I hired a guy who advertised he put up house siding. He was supposed to finish the job. I made the mistake of paying him per day. I think he got his drug money and ran. Never showed up after that and never called. I ended up finishing the job myself.

I have had pretty good luck giving away free stuff. All except the rooster. No one wants a free rooster. I had a few interested parties but no follow through.

I pulled in one guy who played bass for us on a team through CL. He is a pretty good player but he couldn't commit to doing it all the time. I have been following him on social media. He is in a re made band that lost a few members. 

I am a pinch hitter bass player on my churches worship team. I have an old LTD rock bass. The one that takes a 9 volt battery. I play so little that I actually have  stickers for the notes in a few places so I won't forget where to put my fingers on it when I play. They asked me if I played bass. I said yes. I didn't tell them I use stickers. It works. I think almost anyone could play bass * ducks and runs*.

Glad you got lucky on CL Bit. 

I somehow have two logons here. I guess all depending on the cookies in the computer I'm using. I must have signed into BL using my name once. This computer recognizes that. I am otherwise Starise.

• Like 1

Every one of our regular venues from past years has either closed its doors or stopped having music. There does, however, seem to be a pent-up demand for live music. I heard that in Houston they are literally dying to attend concerts.

Plus a lot of bands called it quits during quarantine, so there are fewer practitioners out there at the moment, reducing competition for gigs. We were determined to keep the band alive during the pandemic, renting a hall and building PVC frames to hang shower curtains as separators. (Which is when I found out there's such a thing as transparent shower curtains. Who was buying those before?)

22 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

(Which is when I found out there's such a thing as transparent shower curtains. Who was buying those before?)

I've always had a transparent liner that goes on the inside (to prevent water getting out during showering) with an opaque curtain on the outside.

That said, not all shower curtains are made equally! 😆

?image=aHR0cHM6Ly9tLm1lZGlhLWFtYXpvbi5jb

3 minutes ago, craigb said:
29 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

(Which is when I found out there's such a thing as transparent shower curtains. Who was buying those before?)

I've always had a transparent liner that goes on the inside (to prevent water getting out during showering) with an opaque curtain on the outside.

That said, not all shower curtains are made equally! 😆

Here's my shower. I can set up a live cam some night if you'd like. 😁 I stripped this room down to the wall studs and did everything you see myself except for the shower doors and the ceiling texture. It took me two years to finish but I was in an accident before it was done so it took longer than it should have. The company wouldn't sell the glass to me, they had to install them. The guy said in 25 years of business he's never seen a wall so true. The opening where all the glass went in was less than 1/8 of an inch out of square. My reply to him was, it's all my fault. I made the mistake of giving my wife who is an obsessive compulsive engineer a laser level for Christmas. Worse thing I ever did. Never, ever give an engineer a laser level. OMG!

aa.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Nice shower. I kinda like a curtain in case someone walks in while I'm taking a shower.

I can see your reflection in the glass. I am SO glad you are wrapped in towels 😮

LOL! No, I was fully clothed. I was still working on the bathroom at that point. You can see the shims under the toilet where I was working on it. It wasn't done yet. That was one of my old fat guy shirts I wore. To give you an idea it was a 5X tall. I lost all that weight but kept some of my old T shirts to work in.

It took me a while to get used to it too but there is a lock on the door and the skylight has blinds on it. That really freaks you out when you're in the shower and you can see the sky. I don't know why they put so many skylights in this house. There are 8 of them. I hate them but it's a fortune to have them removed and the ceiling and roof redone to cover the opening. It's an older fixer upper house we bought 9 years ago. I'm redoing the last room of the house now. I'd love to post pics but it kind of goes against the TOS. Not really music related. It's been my full time job since we moved here. It's taking a lot longer than planned due to illness and an accident, but I'm almost done and I'm back to almost 100% now so it's all good. 👍🏻

Edit: I forgot to mention that I put an LED light show in there also. It's really cool at night. There was a ledge on the wall where they had adjustable can lights. I removed them and it was the perfect place to hide a strip of LED lights. Maybe one day I'll take a chance and start a thread with video and pics of all I've done. Maybe record a song and put to the video so it's in line with the "TOS". ;)

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

LOL! No, I was fully clothed. I was still working on the bathroom at that point. You can see the shims under the toilet where I was working on it. It wasn't done yet. That was one of my old fat guy shirts I wore. To give you an idea it was a 5X tall. I lost all that weight but kept some of my old T shirts to work in.

It took me a while to get used to it too but there is a lock on the door and the skylight has blinds on it. That really freaks you out when you're in the shower and you can see the sky. I don't know why they put so many skylights in this house. There are 8 of them. I hate them but it's a fortune to have them removed and the ceiling and roof redone to cover the opening. It's an older fixer upper house we bought 9 years ago. I'm redoing the last room of the house now. I'd love to post pics but it kind of goes against the TOS. Not really music related. It's been my full time job since we moved here. It's taking a lot longer than planned due to illness and an accident, but I'm almost done and I'm back to almost 100% now so it's all good. 👍🏻

Edit: I forgot to mention that I put an LED light show in there also. It's really cool at night. There was a ledge on the wall where they had adjustable can lights. I removed them and it was the perfect place to hide a strip of LED lights. Maybe one day I'll take a chance and start a thread with video and pics of all I've done. Maybe record a song and put to the video so it's in line with the "TOS". ;)

I am a do it your selfer too. I have been in this house so long that many things are now in need of a second refurb. You know.....with a house it never ends. My last project was a built in coffee and wine bar I built from scratch. It's separate from the main kitchen. I use that almost every morning for coffee.

My next project aside from some trim work to a recent floor replacement will be to make a place for a free hot tub we were given. I had to order a few parts to get it to work. I have a gazebo I ordered from Home Depot because it was an overall better deal than me getting the materials and building one myself. The gazebo will be what I plan to put the hot tub under. First I need to make a base for it out of concrete...........and to think. None of this was my idea. After this MAYBE I'll finally get to finish my studio. These are still 3rd world problems.

Oh and I don't think the live cam is such a good idea. Just sayin'.