Into The Night - feat. Danny Danzi, Hugo Ribeiro & Dan Picknell

Bapu

Many thanks to Dan Picknell, Danny Danzi and Hugo Ribeiro for helping Daryl and I get this song to the next level

Note: remixed on 4 Jan 2024

This mix was reviewed by Warren Huart on Feedback Friday (via YouTube) 5 Jan 2024. HIs only critique is that "something" was clipping either on the master bus or before. Other than that he thought the song, production and performances were great. He especially liked the synth melody.

Dan Picknell - Vocals
Danny Danzi - Guitars
Hugo Ribeiro - Drums
Daryl Greenway - Lead Synth
Ed Kocol - Bass, EP and light Synth

Into The Night
(c) 2021 Daryl Greenway & Ed Kocol

Verse 1:
I was raised on rock and roll
It's in my head, my heart, my soul
They say "You can't rock, you're too old"
But I've never done what I've been told

Chorus:
Into the night I'm gonna rock
Keep ticking 'til my clock won't tock
I'm gonna run, no need to walk
Into the night I'm gonna rock

Verse 2:
Rocking day and night was my thing
Until I could make my guitar sing
Waiting to grab the golden ring
It's my dream and I will cling to it

Repeat Chorus:

Bridge:
Nothing's gonna slow me down
I'll keep rocking all over town
I'll be here and always around
In for a penny, in for a pound

Verse 3:
2019 brought out a scare
The days got longer, so did my hair
Sat by the window, I could only stare
From the comfort of my padded rocking chair

Repeat Chorus

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 6

Another great collaboration - well done everyone! A well balanced mix with some awesome guitar work in there (the other instruments are awesome too).

Who did the mix/mastering by the way? Just wondering as they're not mentioned in the list of names.

• Thanks 1

Yeah baby!
Top notch on all levels.  Performance, songwriting, mix and master. 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:36 PM, antler said:

awesome guitar work

Danny IS something else!

Gotta lay a bunch of 👍’s on this one. 

t

if I’m in the CR, I’d suggest this little change to verse 2 line 4 “ it’s my dream , and to it I cling”

• Like 1

Haven't seen you post in a while and just checked your profile to see what your last post was and here it is. No shameless plugs in the CH eh? 😁 You know we get worried about you if we don't see you post there at least once a day. 

Great song. Great lyrics, vocals. Excellent mix and master. Danny's playing is superb as always. The bass was perfect in the mix.

I see the Song forum is hopping again. I need to start checking out mixes here again.

👍🏻

Another Great collaboration and a Killer performance on Everyone's part.  I agree with Tom about the lyric change , I figured you were just trying to keep the lyrics from being too predictable. I've listened a bunch of times over several days and each time the opening  "into"  word at the start of the choruses seems to have a slight timing issue. There's a glitch in there somewhere that may have been copied and pasted. More obvious to me on the first 2 choruses. Anyway something to look at if you do another mix.  Another Highly impressive job .       mark

On 11/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Yeah baby!
Top notch on all levels.  Performance, songwriting, mix and master. 

Danny IS something else!

Gotta lay a bunch of 👍’s on this one. 

t

if I’m in the CR, I’d suggest this little change to verse 2 line 4 “ it’s my dream , and to it I cling”

Thanks for the listen and lyric suggestion Tom.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:37 AM, Shane_B. said:

Haven't seen you post in a while and just checked your profile to see what your last post was and here it is. No shameless plugs in the CH eh? 😁 You know we get worried about you if we don't see you post there at least once a day. 

Great song. Great lyrics, vocals. Excellent mix and master. Danny's playing is superb as always. The bass was perfect in the mix.

I see the Song forum is hopping again. I need to start checking out mixes here again.

👍🏻

Thanks for the listen and the suggestion about the shameless plugs. 🙂