[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.11 Early Access [Updated 27.11.0.010]

Morten Saether

51 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

It's not intended to show the actual selected track name in this preview. It shows the first track in the project as an example of what the wildcards chosen will show. 

Oh, ok. Got it.  Didn't know it takes the first track name as an example. Thanks!

And what about the fail to update the track name in the actual exporting process?

Confirmed that in 2021.09 it's working, but not in the EA.

Edited by Andres Medina

15 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Oh, ok. Got it.  Didn't know it takes the first track name as an example. Thanks!

And what about the fail to update the track name in the actual exporting process?

Confirmed that in 2021.09 it's working, but not in the EA.

I'm not currently able to reproduce this , it's getting the track names fine in 2021.11 builds. @msmcleod

22 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Do you get an error message when you do that? If not set the exception handling severity to 7, then restart the app and try and reproduce the problem. This is most probably the plugins corrupting the heap.
If you get a crash dialog attach the dump file reported.

image.png

I changed Exception Handling Severity to 7, restarted Cakewalk, opened the project and began toggling the FX Chain power buttons on the three plugin bars (vx-64, W.A. Production Vocal Limiter and Klanghelm IVGI2). When I do that playback becomes garbled and additional toggles can ungarble and regarble playback. After doing this a number of times, Cakewalk exited but didn't generate an error message This also happens on any of the plugins and in the same position on the adjacent identical track, and to some degree in FX Chains in other tracks.

1 hour ago, Bill Phillips said:

I changed Exception Handling Severity to 7, restarted Cakewalk, opened the project and began toggling the FX Chain power buttons on the three plugin bars (vx-64, W.A. Production Vocal Limiter and Klanghelm IVGI2). When I do that playback becomes garbled and additional toggles can ungarble and regarble playback. After doing this a number of times, Cakewalk exited but didn't generate an error message This also happens on any of the plugins and in the same position on the adjacent identical track, and to some degree in FX Chains in other tracks.

This looks like one of the plugins is corrupting the heap. Sometimes even the higher severity setting wont catch it. Not much I can do to fix that if its plugin related.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

Ok, I did some more tests, and still getting the wrong Track Name on exporting using Track Through Full Mix preset.

CW is always retrieving the track 1 name, not the selected track.

I'm using the latest build, 2021.11 (build 10)

The Bundle Test project is attached (audio is silent)

Test Track Names 01.cwp 487.21 kB · 0 downloads

working fine for me with that project:

image.thumb.png.1da97beb2ad4c95095215dc46bc330df.png
image.png.f30660b969e5f13f2606fb63cedeece9.png

29 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

image.thumb.png.1da97beb2ad4c95095215dc46bc330df.pngimage.png.f30660b969e5f13f2606fb63cedeece9.png

mmmm., that's weird. - In my system it always use the first track name, no matter which track I select.

Any ideas on what could CW behave differently in the same project on two different machines?

Should I reinstall CW? 

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

image.thumb.png.1da97beb2ad4c95095215dc46bc330df.png
image.png.f30660b969e5f13f2606fb63cedeece9.png

OK, new information:

If you select SEVERAL tracks for exporting, the names are taken correctly from the corresponding track names.

BUT, if you select a single track, the name track is always taken from the first track in the track pane.

To reproduce (using the attached bundle test project):

• Select all tracks
  • Export using "Track Through Entire Mix" Source Category
  • All track names exports as expected

---

• Now, select Track 3 only
  • Export using "Track Through Entire Mix" Source Category
  • Track name is taken from track 1 name

Test Track Names 02.cwb

Imagen2.png

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Thanks 1