Changing overall project tempo

King Burton

Halfway through my project I find the overall project is too slow. I have both audio and midi tracks. Midi no issue, it's the audio doesn't  change.

Audacity allows to change easy and doesn't ruin the audio.

Is there a process to do this or am I doomed to start over from scratch?

King , You "might" be doomed if you don't like the results , but I've done it if the bpm change isn't substantial. Make sure all of you audio clips have been bounced to 1 single clip each. Using your 1st. bpm setting , drag the ends of the clips all the way to the Very end of the project. Trim everything to the same nice stopping spot at the end.  Thake note of where your project Ends on the timeline. Enter your new faster bpm.  Now right click the "edit" module in the top control bar and choose "stretch". Now since the timeline has changed , Just drag the end of the audio clips using the stretch tool to the exact same spot where it ended before . If it stopped on measure 96 , change your bpm and drag it back to 96.  I'm sure there's a better way but this one works .                mark 

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Might be just as simple to export tracks & clips, import to Audacity, change tempo and export tracks. Just thought as sophisticated as CW is, you would have a simple way to do this. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Oh well . . . (sigh) . . . . .